Alea Iacta Est

One shot...that's all it took. One shot to realize everything is in vain. Do they know something I don't? I missed that mark by a mile. Verdinia must have neutralized the threat, as I'm out in the open and still alive.

I check on Shrike..."Fuck you", he responds.

At least he can still speak.

"Verdinia!", I shout. "Off to see the world without me?!!"

She flys in and rests her head on my lap and notices my wound.

"Thank you", I motion.

I developed a unique form of head and eye language to communicate with her. She may have sensed I was in danger. She took out the Sniper with one bullet from her side-arm.

I hobble toward Shrike, "Now, I know the 'God Device' must have a Beacon, or else the Eurasians wouldn't have ambushed your squadron.

"Go to hell, Medicine Man!!!" "You think that makes any difference now?!!", He barks.

"What if I told you, you can get your leg back?", I say.

"Some Shark just ate it, you fuck!!!", he responds.

"No...It's a 3D Printer remember?!!" "We can make you one...just like I need another hand.", I say.

"How do you intend on getting it, Genius?!!", he says..."It sank with my ship!!!"

"Not to worry.", I respond. "There isn't a job Verdinia can't handle."

And so began the "Unholy Trinity"...at least that's what they would call us.