RG4: This Strange Mansion

Y/N's p. o. v.

My eyes flash open as my mind is suddenly flooded with the scene of bright red, yellow, and orange flames overtaking my consciousness. To top off the traumatizing circumstance, the cruel rendition of my own parents and (B/N) burning to their death started to play out before me.

I sit up in a panic and open my eyes, unintentionally letting out a choked sound. I find myself spooked yet again when I realize that I'm being carried in someone's arms through the deep dark woods in the middle of the pitch black night apparently, and I look up in a panic seeing none other than The SplendorMan.

"Sp-Splendor!?"

"Oh good. You've awoken⁎⁺˳✧༚!" Splendor's hallow gaze looked down at me and his constant smile grew wider on his face. He instantly stopped walking and gently lowered me onto the ground, then knelt before me and held my shoulders, "I was afraid you would remain passed out during the whole trip, and I was ready to carry you to my room till you were better. However now that you're awake, I might—"

"Your room," I interrupt, my voice still brittle from shock of the incident that just transpired at my home. "What do you—Splendor I—Spendor my...my family is gone, Splendor?! You saw what happened, didn't you?"

His smile quickly fades and I am greeted with a rare upset, pained expression on his peach pale face. "I did see, my child. What an awful thing, truly. No one should ever have to suffer something so terribly tragic." He shook his head and continued, "I'm so sorry for your loss... However, I was relieved to find that you were still present and breathing in the midst of the wreckage. It's only a miracle that you kept that dandelion I gave you on you⁎⁺˳✧༚!"

"That dan—"
I cut off as I subconsciously reach for my pocket and I pull out the same golden flower that SplendorMan had given to me earlier in the night. There was nothing wrong with it—it wasn't burnt, it wasn't destroyed; just like me, the fire had completely overlooked it and left it alone. Now I get why Splendor gave this to me...it was basically a protection charm of sorts. A magical one.

"You...thanks to you I'm alive..." I utter, my voice giving off an uneven mix of astoundingly grateful and "why the fuck didn't the world just let me die". I began to twirl the flower around in my fingers with a clouded gaze, my brain working overtime trying to asses my feels at the moment. Splendor slightly smiled again and crooked his head a bit, "Indeed my (Y/N), and now I will take it into my own hands that I find you a safe, comfortable new space to live. (Y/N), I am finally taking you home to the mansion I live in."

»»————- ➴ ————-««

I now walked in silence behind SplendorMan as he was leading the way toward the place he'd always told me stories of in my childhood. Was I excited? Wasn't this what I'd always wanted when I was younger? Sure, but my whole family just burned to death so it was hard for me to feel enthusiastic.

Splendor seemed to appear nervous as we walked, mostly because I wasn't saying anything and also by the fact that I didn't react when he told me the news that he would be bringing me to stay with him.

The tall creature began to noticeably shuffle with his hands as the trees around us began to appear darker as we continued on. The now common appearance of markings on the trunks of the trees looked as if they were struck by the blunt ends of what I assumed were weapons. This slightly began to catch my attention, but I remained nonchalant.

"The 'things' you live with," I eventually utter out in an unreadable tone, "you said they were dangerous, didn't you? Am I gonna get jumped as soon as I walk in?"