RG3: Indescribable Pain

"...(Y/N)..."

I hear a sinister, familiar yet distorted voice greeting me and open my eyes. I see a blurry figure standing before me, fire burning all around them. I feel heat everywhere and I'm surrounded by darkness.

"Hello?" I respond to the figure in a wary voice. I see "it" reach out it's hand towards me.

"Save me or else these flames will consume you."

Feeling familiar and strangely drawn to it, I decided to reach out to the hand. The closer I reached, the more fire began to surround me and just as I was about to grab the figure's hand, everything was red and I felt myself burning till my vision faded to black.

»»————- ➴ ————-««

I awoke in a panic reaching for breath then immediately broke into a coughing fit as my body realized it just inhaled a bunch of smoke. My eyes widened when I saw the condition of my surroundings. My room was blackened and charred and the walls were burnt and on the verge of collapsing. The roof above me was falling apart and so were parts of the floor.

"What....?"

I slowly pull myself up off my bed which basically just fell apart on itself once I moved and shakily started walking to where my door once was. It was blocked off by wall and roof debris that had collapsed. My whole house was completely destroyed? And I slept through it all?

I did my best to remove what I could from the debris that blocked my door and crawled through a small hole I made, desperate to find my parents and my brother. "Mom, Dad, (B/N)..." I said under my breath. I finally found an exit space through the hole I was making and carefully took a step, only for the ground below to collapse underneath me as soon as my foot touched it and I fell all the way down the first story of the house.

I stayed there on a pile of debris with the breath knocked out of me and tried to recover. "Is a-anyone alive in here? Hello..." I shouted out weakly, staring up at the exposed sky above me. Say, where the heck even is my neighbors, the fire department, anyone in all of this??? No ones answered me yet, and the only sounds around the house I've heard so far only came from me, so I'm starting to believe the worse; my whole family is dead. I don't think I can even bring myself to look for their bodies.

I slowly sit up from the place I fell and look around at my burnt down house again, feeling a heavy pain inside. Why am I alive? Why couldn't I just die with the rest of them? What am I supposed to do now?

Something light falls onto my lap and I look down seeing the golden thingy SplendorMan gave me earlier. I look at it for a long time before feeling sick. A special flower? The image of my parents burning to their deaths and my brother getting crushed by the collapsing roof suddenly played in my head and just thinking of it along with having fell a whole story down caused me to black out.

»»————- ➴ ————-««

???'s p. o. v.

Ohhh...oh no. This shouldn't have happened˳✧༚! This is awful... I stare down at my little (Y/N)'s body in disbelief. Though they were unconscious, I could still feel an aura of fear, confusion, and despair from them. The golden flower I'd given to them yesterday was rested on their open hand. "Poor child. If it wasn't for my gift, you'd be dead. I'm so relieved that you're alive but how unfortunate that your lovely family faced a different fate...."

I reach down and gently picked up this dear child I've watched over and stood beside for the past few years and held them in my arms. There's no place else for them now. I couldn't possibly leave them to be dealt with by the humans˳✧༚! Who knows where they'll end up, now that their whole family is gone...

My only option will be to take them with me. Maybe they can stay...just for a little while till I can find them a proper home. My dearest brother won't appreciate me bringing in a human without his permission...especially one that's not...his preference. I'll have to hide them in my room perhaps. Luckily my room is a whole place on its own, so I hope my little one won't mind.

The sun will be rising soon, and humans will definitely notice what has happened by then. I quickly take my little one in arms and teleport small distances at a time so I don't obliterate their brain with the phenomena of teleportation˳✧༚. With each teleport I get closer and closer to the big, dark, scary mansion deep within the woods...