33.

Brooklyn
1 month later, Phoenix Arizona

I unlocked the door to the house entering. No one was home, so I'm guessing they were at work. I pulled my bags in and closed the door. I sighed before rubbing my eyes. I had just got off the plane and I was tired.

I heard heavy footsteps coming downstairs. I looked up to see Bakari. He smiled and opened his arms. I gave him a smile and hugged him. I pulled away and he looked me up and down.

"You aight B? You should be happy, it's Summer twin". He nudged me.

"I know, I know. I've been really tired lately. My back has been killing me". I admitted.

He looked me up and down. He then spinned me around and frowned.

"You gained some weight. Is there something you not telling me? Then you complaining about your back and shit". He raised an eyebrow.

I shook my head. "I'm not pregnant if that's what you're thinking. I just been stressed. School, and then I babysit. Not to mention I haven't spoken to Kashari in a month and two weeks".

He sighed, "It's aight Brooke. Just get you some rest, Ma get off in a couple of hours and Dad isn't coming home until tomorrow. Him and Mom got into a heated ass argument yesterday".

"What? How'd it start"? I asked sitting on the couch.

It was so comfortable. I really missed being home. It's only for two months though, then I'm back to the books.

"I don't know, but when you wake up, I gotta show you something. Trust me, you gon need a nap before you hear this". He stared at me.

I nodded, "I'ma go to my room. Where you about to go"?

"Well you know Amari back down here too. We supposed to meet up and talk about the baby. You know she due in two months". He smiled.

I smiled too. "Yeah I know. I'm gonna be an Auntie. Plus, Aaliyah have her baby in two months too. Then my best friend Malaysia have her in 4 months".

"Everybody got knocked up in college. That's why I'ma do my online shit. I bet if I stayed I would've had at least three kids on the way".

"I feel like that would be true. But Super Aunt Brooklyn was gonna love each and every one of them". I smiled.

He shook his head. "Get some rest nerd. I'll see you a bit later".

I nodded heading upstairs to my room.

~~~
I woke up and looked around. It was dark outside, and there was talking going on downstairs. I rubbed my eyes sighing heavily. I was so tired. I just wanted to lay in bed all day.

I got out of bed and slipped on my slippers. I pulled my hair into a sloppy ponytail and opened the door. I made my way downstairs to all the commotion. I went to the game room to find my friends here. Just the regular ones.

"Hey Sleepyhead. You okay? You sick or something"? Jay asked making me nod.

"I'm a lil under the weather. I'm okay though, nothing serious". I assured.

Khalil looked over at me and smiled. I smiled back at him and walked towards him. He stood up and gave me a hug.

"Hey baby, I was just talking bout you". He smirked.