19.

Brooklyn
Monday, December 21

"Mommy"! I yelled hugging her.

She hugged me back and smiled. Bakari came walking in with Amari. My mother hugged them and I went off to find Dad. I went upstairs to his study and opened the door. He didn't even acknowledge me, so I ran up to him.

"Daddy"! I yelled making him look up.

"Brookie"! He got up embracing me in a hug.

He spun me around and kissed my cheek. I smiled hugging him back. He let me go and looked at me.

"How is school? How are you grades looking"? He said making me laugh.

"4.0 gpa. That's how you like it right"? I said making him laugh.

"My girl". He hugged me again.

"My dad"!

We left his study and went back downstairs. My mother was talking to Amari and smiling. It looked as if she was crying actually. I went and took a seat next to her. My dad greeted Bakari and Amari.

"What's wrong Mom"? I asked as she wiped her tears.

"Brooklyn, I'm pregnant". Amari smiled making me hug her.

"I'm gonna be an Aunt"! I yelled hopping up and down.

"Yes". She laughed making my parents both hug her.

My parents always loved kids. Well at least my mom did. Since we're 18, I guess they're okay with it. I just can't believe I'm gonna be an Aunt. I think I'm gonna be Brooklyn Hemmings; super aunt.

"So, how far long are you"? My mother asked holding her hands.

"I'm 10 weeks". She said rubbing her stomach.

"How long is that in months"? Bakari asked confused.

"Two and a half months, I'm guessing". I said making her nod.

"Cool, but I'ma still finish school. Amari is gonna do online classes. Her parents gave her the okay". Bakari shrugged.

"So Brooklyn, do you have a new boyfriend"? My mother asked turning her attention to me.

"Well, it's complicated".

It was true, Kashari and I haven't been talking lately. He's down here in Arizona, the only problem is I don't know where. I don't understand how he can treat me so wrong. He still claim me as his girlfriend. It's just, he doesn't treat me like one.

"Oh, are we gonna meet him"? My dad asked making me nod.

"Soon, he's not really a people person". I said making them nod.

"Well that's fine, tell him to take his time".

"Yes ma'am". I mumbled.

Just then the doorbell rung and my dad went to get it. I heard laughing which made me sit up. I wonder who that could be. I know Aaliyah said she was gonna stop buy. Jay'Shaun coming over too.