Best of Friends (1)

Start from the beginning

"I never unloved you. It's always been you."

I want to say that. I want to slap that on her face and make her realize what she wasted when she chose that guy over me... but why can't I do that?

I broke the hug and get another cup of hot chocolate in the center table.

"What are you saying? You know, you're just broken that's why you're acting like that." I said then laughed nervously. I hope she didn't noticed that.

"Ahh yeah. I'm sorry. I shouldn't said such thing."

*

We decided to go to my room and just watch some random movies. Even if we are already on our 20's, we never watch adult movies. It's always been Disney or DreamWorks or  movies for kids. I guess old habits are hard to change.

"I really wonder why Tom and Jerry still saves each others asses when basically they want each other dead." Guess the old Jennie's back; the old, silly Jennie.

"Because that's what the director said. Where's the thrill if Tom already ate Jerry on the first episode?"

"You got it right."

"I'm always right"

But I don't know why it went wrong.

*

Hours have passed and we are already curled up in my bed with a thick blanket that cover our cold bodies.

"Do you still remember when we were still on 7th grade? You were so awkward that time. I never imagined that you'll be a successful model today." She said and I laughed. She's on it again. Reminiscing the old time.

"And who would ever thought that the big, fat Lisa Manoban will be a sexy and hot model? That's beyond reality but hey, you are living a dream."

"I am not fat. My parents just love me that's why they are overfeeding me. And who will not get fat if your father is a world class chef right?"

"You have a point. I remember when we had a sleep over in your house and the foods they prepared were like for 20 people. I got scared because I thought there will be a family reunion and I will basically sleep in your house that time."

She keeps on talking and I'm just listening to her. I love it when she talks a lot.

"I miss those time when our only problem is how we will sneak our food inside Mr. Yang's class."

"Yeah. I do too. I miss those times when your cheeks are still chubby and looks like a dumpling. They're not the same anymore because you lose weight." I laughed hard as I remember those times when I always pinch her cheeks and she'll cry.

"That's what you called self-consciousness and besides, I'm trying to impress someone that time because she already lose a lot of weight and I did the same."

"And who could be that someone?" I asked pretending I don't know who it is.

"You want a clue?" She asked winking.

"Yah sure." I wait for her response.

"She's ugly." Then she burst out in laughter. She's laughing her lungs out and I just rose my brow confusingly.

"Sad people tend to laugh over the stupidest things. It's alright, Jen. I understand. Hahaha! " Then I tap her head and her laughter slowly faded.

"But seriously, that someone always makes me laugh whenever I'm sad. She always makes me happy."

"And I know that someone is fucking hot as well."

"I hate to admit but she is. I'm really happy that out of billion people in this world, God chose her to be my best friend." She looked at me and smile. A smile that makes my heart flutter. A smile that makes my day brighter.

"Thank you for being my best friend, Lisa."

Yeah. Best friend. It broke my heart, for the nth time.

She lift my arm shoulder level and used it as her pillow then she placed her head on my chest and hugged my waist.

"You are unnecessarily clingy today. Is that the effect of your idiocy over that filthy rich-assed  guy?"

"Nothing. I just want to cuddle with you just like the old times and talk about our life."

"What do you want to talk about?"

"How on earth did we became friend and how we didn't end up together?"

"But we are together."

"You know what I mean."

I'm also thinking the same shit.

"It started when we were on 3rd grade...."