She left because she met another man who had more wealth than his father and of course the greedy person she is, wanted to live a life full of riches, a typical gold digger you can say.

But don't let that fool you and think that he came from an unloved home, nope.

After his mom left them his father started working plenty of jobs just to support the both of them and keep food on the table. His father not once abandoned or hated him on why the women left but instead loved him dearly and did whatever he can to set an example to him that even in life you hit rock bottom, you could always rise back up, all you just needed was time.

He was very much a role model and hero from the bottom of his heart, the only person who he looks up to with full of respect and admiration.

Meilin truly felt blessed to have such a father figure, he felt like his dad wasn't just a father figure to him but a mother figure also.

He felt content and happy with whatever he got and receive in this life of his even if his mother was not a part of it, that did not once stop him from living a fulfilled life being who he is now to this day.

Though not everyone can stay with you forever, hard as it was whenever he thought about it, his father, unfortunately, passed away 2 years ago due to a sudden heart attack.

To be honest just thinking about that day always get him somewhat emotional.

When he heard the news that was delivered to him so unexpectedly in the middle of work, it honestly left him rattled on the spot. To be honest it actually took him a while to process what he just been told.

It felt like time still as he felt his heart pulse with a painful thump. It was only when the realisation finally dawn him did his world completely shattered into pieces.

He remembers that day so clearly like it was yesterday, how he broke down in a hysterical fit in front of his colleagues before passing out completely from being emotionally distraught.

To him who only had his father in his life, the only sole family member he ever had, to leave so suddenly brought him immense pain.

It was the first time he felt torn, both emotionally and physically.

At times Meilin truly felt he hit rock bottom and wanted to give up but in the end he pulled through and decided not too.

Why you may wonder?

Well whenever his at his lowest he would always hear his father encouraging words that always ring a bell to him. It was like all his prayers asking for help was being answered by just a simple sentence.

"Meilin no matter how hard life is, you just gotta remember to move on and continue forward. Haha after all once you hit rock bottom you'll slowly bring yourself back up. Don't forget that my beloved son, " his dad lovingly spoke, patting his 13 year old head in a gentle manner, eyes full of utter love and pride.

*Sigh "Truly bring back memories, " Meilin muttered to himself, wiping away the sudden tears that was gathering at the corner of his eyes.

While continuing on his hike after resting a couple of minutes, sudden tremor out of the blue can be felt from the ground.

What was light rocky movement at first suddenly became rough vigorous tremors that shook with immense momentum.

Melin tried his best to stable his footing but he couldn't keep up his balance for long as his legs eventually gave way, stumbling and tumbling here and there when he tried to move as best as he can.

Mind concentrating on his trembling legs that struggle to move he was only snap out of it when he caught a glimpse at the corner of his eyes. Huge rocks up the cliff edge started to break off and gush down the mountainside towards his way.