Chapter 16

~Narrator's POV~

Home sweet home," you mumble as your eyes land upon the Mystery Shack. 

Surprisingly, you missed the Mystery Shack. It felt like you haven't been there in forever. But, in reality, you were there yesterday until 10. You left for Wendy's house -- only Dipper knew -- and left there very early in the morning. You were lucky that you were even able to leave since Wendy's father had caught you. That man was crazy. 

The sound of footsteps causes you to pause and carefully turn around. The lights around the Mystery Shack begin to flicker.  

You shouldn't be nervous since it was light outside, but being isolated, flickering lights, and the sound of footsteps add up. Watching a horror movie with Wendy probably wasn't the best idea. Plus, there was no bed to hide under. 

The sound of footsteps stopped and weird noises and low groans took its place. They came from the right side of the shack, where the forest was. 

Curiosity took the best of you and you decided to check it out, Using your phone as a flashlight, you went through the forest, taking quiet steps towards the sound. You see a very blonde man making out with a tree.

Wait, Creggy G?

You turn around and see all the members of Sev'ral Timez making out with trees. How do they manage to do that? Wouldn't they get splinters on their tongues? So many questions, so little attention span. There was no way you would allow them to continue this weird fetish of theirs. 

"Shoo, guys, shoo! Get out of here you genetically perfect boys!" The boys scrammed after you yelled at them, running on all four limbs. Most likely, this would be an everyday occurrence. 

"Why did I ever like that band?" You ponder aloud. "Wendy and Dipper were right..."

You walk back to the front of the shack. Before walking in, you wanted to make sure that nobody besides Dipper knew you left so you pulled out your phone to text him. However, it wasn't in your pocket. 

You eventually find it in some tall weeds Stan refused to cute because of laziness. Next to the phone were two patches of dried, dead grass the color of silver. The patches matched the size of your shoes. Weird. 

Shrugging it off as a weird coincidence, you walked inside the shack without a care in the world. 

*****

"Please, (Y/N), please!" Mabel repeatedly begs you to tell her where you sneaked off to yesterday. You told her that you'd tell her only if she guessed it correctly, but she'd been guessing the most random things. Some of the things she explained didn't even sound like something you'd do. For example, searching for the prettiest unicorn (you had no idea how to respond to this) and searching for the booty. That last one definitely made both you and Dipper turn red and splutter. You had given Mabel a weak "what do you mean?" 

She looked at you rather innocently, explaining about you going on a quest for buried treasure. 

It was weird how innocent Mabel was acting. She's very intelligent for her age, especially anything involving people and emotions. She's usually able to tell whether you're lying and what you're up to in the blink of an eye. 

"For god's sake, Mabel, I did not do any of those things!" You sigh in exasperation. "All I did was go to Wendy's house and watch a movie. A horror movie to be exact. Happy?"

"Oh, extremely," Mabel smirks, patting you on the shoulder to prepare you for her next words. "I knew all along, was just playing ya'. I wanted to make sure I was right."

She seems so sweet and innocent, but this girl is downright evil. You should've known her trick all along. 

Mabel leans closer to you and whispers,"I knew you were going for the booty." Then, she just gets up and skips away, leaning you stunned and at a loss for words which Dipper looks at you weird for.