Chapter 12

~Narrator's POV~

"Wow, this just proves Stan is the king of cheapskates," you say aloud, looking at the so-called amusement park your great uncle created.

All the rides were cheap and beat up. The ones that were almost broken were put back together using tape. Only tape and maybe a little bit of glue. The equipment hadn't been used in decades and you're not even sure if it's safe to ride. Honestly, though, Stan didn't care as long as he got his money.

You still didn't trust Stan; he held too many secrets.

That other time you saw him go to somewhere behind the vending machine, but you weren't close enough to see the passcode. You would spend time figuring out what his huge secret was, but you already had too much on your mind. Right now, you needed to focus on surviving this day with bot Wendy and Robbie. Maybe there's be a way to bring Dipper along? He would never throw away an opportunity to spend time with Wendy.

That thought leaves your head as soon as you spot Wendy and Dipper in deep conversation about question shaped mark pretzels or hot dogs. You would never know. The food here scared you too much to even try.

Dipper seems to not need help with Wendy anymore; he's doing good on his own. He probably took some of your advice. What a good, older brother you are.

Wendy leaves and you spot your chance to talk to Dipper, to actually find out how things are going through his perspective.

You go up to him and see Mabel already talking to him, probably teasing him about Wendy. She beat you to it. She's wearing a purple and blue striped sweater and a pink flower in her hair. She looks adorable and she's holding two cones of cotton candy which you'd most likely end up trying to steal. Dipper looks the same as always, wearing his cap and blue vest along with a red-orange shirt.

"Things are going great! I just went up and talked to her!" Dipper excitedly tells you and Mabel. He's so passionate and elated when describing Wendy. His whole face lights up. You're happy for him but at the same time you want him to stay away.

Whenever you think of him and Wendy in a relationship, it just seems wrong. You get this lump in your throat and a fluttering sensation in your stomach. It's probably just because of how much older he's getting and that you feel bad since he doesn't have a good chance of fulfilling his dream of dating Wendy. The age difference has a high chance of preventing it.

You give your most encouraging smile to him, trying not to show any nerves or worry. This new sensation was killing you and you had no idea how to get rid of it. Luckily, Dipper didn't see through your mask and saw it as some form of encouragement.

Mabel gives you a concerned look, keeping her eyes on you while she still babbles on to Dipper about what he should do to increase his chances with Wendy. She always sees right through you, but most of the time she doesn't say anything. She knows how you feel about talking about your feelings and how you like to keep things to yourself. Last time she confronted you, you both got into an argument that ended with you not talking to Mabel and Dipper for a whole two weeks. That's the longest you guys have been without talking to one another.

Everybody thinks of Mabel as the clueless sibling in the pack because of her optimistic view on the world and her childish attitude, but she's not. She's actually very intelligent, but she chooses to show it in more subtle ways. Dipper is book-smart while Mabel is very observant and extremely good with emotions. Her extroverted nature has a part in this.

"Hey, do you smell that?" Mabel asks suddenly, face going blank after noticing the culprit of this smell.

The smell is the funky smell from yesterday, the one you smelled when talking to Wendy. It was so familiar. Oh no.