SEVEN

CHAPTER SEVEN
' I GOT A
MENTAL IMAGE ! '

Peter and Gamora had never glared at Ash as much as they had that day. A single look their way would spur a fit of laughter. Part of her didn't find it even that funny, but the fact that her sister and then half-brother had something she could pick at made her life far better. Their embarrassment was funnier than the fact that they probably liked each other more than friends. When that penny dropped, she stopped laughing, and her mind worked over the circumstance.

Ash and Gamora shared no blood but were raised as sisters. Ash and Peter shared a father. That wasn't incest, right?

Before she could study their relationship more, the ship started to shake, and she whipped around, black mist forming in her palms.

"Don't worry, sweetheart." Ego appeared behind Ash, placing a hand on her shoulder. "We're only landing." He gave her a grin, and she let the magic disappear, letting her shoulders relax.

"Sorry," she replied, giving him a smile which looked more like a grimace.

"You a nervous flier?"

Ash shook her head. "No, I don't mind it. I guess I'm just a bit worked up."

Ego pulled her into his side, squeezing her shoulder in reassurance. "You're safe. I won't let anything happen to you here."

She watched him head towards the door, Mantis following behind him, and she didn't move. Her fingers linked in front of her, and she began to pick at the skin.

Drax stopped by her as Gamora and Peter walked to the exit. Ash glanced at him, giving him the same smile she gave Ego, and he nodded towards the door. She took a deep breath and began to move, Drax following behind her.

A floating tram approached them, and they all boarded. Ash's eyes fluttered over the picturesque scene, and she turned around to take in the bright colours. The tram glided toward its destination and revealed the breathtaking surroundings with the vibrant plant life, which took the shape of twisting obelisks.

"Welcome, friends, to my world." Ego gestured around with a smile.

Ash allowed the breeze to fly through her hair and let her eyes flutter shut before taking everything in again.

"Wow," Peter marvelled. "You have your own planet?"

Ego shook his head. "But a trifle, no larger than your Earth's moon."

"Humility." Drax nodded his head in appreciation. "I like it. I, too, am extraordinarily humble." He poked a weird clump of an unknown substance, and it burst into vibrant hues.

Ahead of them stood a grand palace, peering down at them on a mountain.

"It's beautiful," Ash and Peter spoke in unison. The tram stopped, and they stepped off, heading towards the palace.

Ego stopped beside a large fountain. "Consider this a token of a father's pride."

He motioned, and the water of the fountain fell away. It revealed statues of Star-Lord and the Reaper, who stood heroically, with the rest of the Guardians kneeling, almost as if worshipping them. Ash stood with her hands up, seeming to be controlling something with her magic, and Peter stood beside her with his guns raised.

"A memorial to the War Over Xandar, when you single-handedly saved the galaxy."

"Single-handedly?" Gamora repeated.

"Whoa. It's perfect," Peter replied.

Ash grinned slyly at her. "I don't know what you see wrong, Gamora. Me and Pete did stop the power stone from destroying the planet."