SEVEN

CHAPTER SEVEN
' I WOULD BREAK YOUR
NOSE SO HARD. '

Thor, Ash and Loki stood awkwardly waiting for the others. The tension sat heavily between the trio, all of them avoiding eye contact, and boredom began to eat away at Ash's resistance to annoy either, or even better, both of them. A sigh escaped her - probably the tenth in two minutes - and out of the corner of her eye, she noticed Thor aim a glare in her direction. A small ball of relief formed in her chest at his initiation, and a smirk curled her lips.

Black mist formed between her fingers, creating a little tendril above Thor's head. It reached down and pushed a piece of his hair in front of his face. He brushed it away, but the magic moved it back after a moment. Ash had to turn away to cover her grin of amusement.

"Ash," Thor scolded, and the magic disappeared from her hand.

"What?" she asked, turning with an innocent look in her eyes. Thor remained quiet, gaze holding a glare. "Why are they taking so long?" she groaned, dropping her head back against a pillar.

"Why do you have no patience?" Thor countered, voice low with annoyance.

"Since we've been standing here for at least an hour."

"We have not been here for an hour," Loki corrected. "We've been here for at least ten minutes."

Ash shot a look in his direction. "Same thing."

"They shouldn't be much longer," Thor finished, causing Ash to sigh again and turn to kick the wall. She covered her face with her palms, rubbing her cheeks before she began to pace. "This is one of the worst missions I've ever been on." She looked at Loki. "You know what makes it worse? I'm stuck with you for like a day more as well."

Footsteps caused their attention to move as Sif and Jane approached them. Another sigh escaped Ash, but this time of relief, a hand coming to her forehead.

Loki stepped forward. "I'm Loki. You may have heard of-" Before he could finish, Jane slapped him in the face. Ash's mouth fell open, a surprised laugh escaping her.

"-That was for New York," Jane finished.

Loki didn't move, head still snapped to the right from the hit. He smiled eventually, eyes sliding back to her before landing on Thor. "I like her."

"There they are! Take them. On my command." A new voice caused them all to straighten, black forming around Ash's hands as they watched a group of guards begin to charge at them.

Ash began to move forward, but Sif grasped her arm, pushing her back towards the brothers and Jane. "I'll hold them off. Take her," Sif commanded, gaze on Thor.

"Thank you," Thor replied.

"I have to wait even longer?" Ash whined from where she trudged behind Thor and Jane, Loki beside her. Too caught up in her complaining, she didn't see Loki stop with a sword in front of his neck.

"Just think of how good the first kill will feel." Thor glanced at her over his shoulder before placing a hand on Jane's shoulder to move them along. She sighed but continued.

They met Volstagg, where Malekith's ship had crashed into the palace. Rubble cluttered the area, and Ash turned in a circle to appreciate the destruction. "Does this thing even fly?" she asked rhetorically, moving past the large man, who patted her shoulder and towards the aircraft, hand running over the sides with a furrow of her eyebrows.

"I will give you as much time as I can," Volstagg told Thor as they shook hands.

"Thank you, my friend."