FOUR

CHAPTER FOUR
' FUCK YOU ! '

Ash would say that nostalgia wasn't something she came across frequently, and this feeling wasn't the good type either. At first, she found it slightly comical, but after the third time someone threw her against a wall, it started to tick her off.

The guards had gassed her once more after Ash broke out of her confinements, and she had to admit, the improvement from version one of the straight jacket was quite impressive. It contained gauntlets wrapped around her palms and she was fairly certain they were drugging her too because she found herself cold and tired the majority of the time. She would have been able to break free if the prisoners didn't take advantage of her weakness.

The prisoner pinned her against the wall, knife digging into her neck. Ash lifted her chin, wriggling in their grip with a glare of annoyance. "Get your ogre hands off of me!" she snapped, stamping with all her might on their feet.

"Or what?" he snarled back, a grin seeping onto his features.

Another body was slammed into the wall by her side, and Ash sighed, head dropping against the wall. "For fuck's sake!"

Gamora writhed in her captor's grip, taking a moment to return Ash's glare. "I refuse to die beside you."

"Consider this a death sentence for your crimes against the galaxy," one spoke, stopping by the two prisoners who pinned the women against the walls.

"You dare?" A new presence caused the two to move their glares from each other to the man. "You know who I am, yes?"

"You're Drax. The Destroyer," another prisoner replied timidly.

"Oh?" Ash raised her eyebrow, still writhing in against her captor. "What kind of things do you destroy?"

"He slayed dozens of Ronan's minions," another answered.

Drax approached, towering over her. His presence caused her captor to release her, but Ash kept herself pressed against the wall, staring at him with a glare. "Ronan murdered my wife, Ovette, and my daughter, Camaria. He slaughtered them where they stood. And he laughed!" His gaze moved to the prisoner who previously held Ash and the one who pressed the knife against Gamora's throat. "Their lives are not yours to take. He killed my family. I shall kill his in return."

"I've never met this Ronan bitch in my life!" Ash protested. "Why the fuck-"

Drax's fist shot out, grabbing her by the neck and cutting off her words by stopping her oxygen. Ash's mouth fell open as she tried to inhale, gauntlets preventing her from grabbing his wrists.

"We are no family to Ronan or Thanos!" Gamora interfered, fighting against her captor. "We are your only hope at stopping him!"

"You know, if killing Ronan is truly your sole purpose, I don't think this is the best way to go about it," Quill suddenly appeared from nowhere, causing Drax to look over his shoulder. His grip remained tight on her throat but loosened slightly. Ash managed to breathe in a small amount and so remained conscious. Quill put his hands out in front of him and approached carefully.

"Are you not the villain these wenches attempted to kill?" Drax asked.

"I didn't try to kill him," Ash rasped out, face tinged red and eyes bloodshot.