The Awakening of the Legend (Chapter 41)

Start from the beginning

“The final resting place.” I tapped the point of the feather to the paper, completely ignoring all the ink splatters it caused. Did that mean that the cave was a final resting place? Of whose; Sofia and Ahiga? If so, how was I supposed to find their final resting place if the Dragon Knights from then hadn’t managed to find her? And they had known were to look. I on the other hand had no idea where the front lines of the army had been or even where Sofia had been fighting. And of course it would help to know where exactly Sofia had been disappeared or something like that.

I let out one last sigh as I put my feather down and rolled up the paper with my notes. There had to be a way to find out where I needed to be. Once I was in my room I put my paper under a pillow so that it was out of sight before putting on my boots.

Maybe Svadilfari could help me find a book with possible answers. Robin had left early in the morning because apparently Queen Lagina wanted to ask some things about yesterday. And I pretended not to remember a thing. I hadn’t even told Robin about it yet so that he wouldn’t have to lie. Instead he had asked me to stay in the tree but I’m sure he wouldn’t mind if I went to Svadilfari and eventually the library.

Everything outside was peaceful like always. It was actually kind of nice to be able to walk around without having to hide the moment I saw someone. I wished that my father would let me walk around like that.

Just as I reached the giant tree and prepared myself to climb the few hundred steps to the top, Svadilfari appeared out of nowhere in front of the tree. I jumped slightly but couldn’t even pretend to be slightly annoyed with him; he had saved me from going up all those steps.

“Princess, how can I help you today? If you are looking for Robin, I am sorry to disappoint you; he is not here.” Svadilfari said amicable.

“I’m not looking for Robin; I know where he is, in the big lines. I am here to see you, Svadilfari. I need help.” I told him and waited for him to say anything but he remained silent but clearly wanted to me carry on. “It’s complicate really. I found some information about that Dragon Knight I was looking for and then something weird happened. Sofia, the knight, and her dragon appeared because they had something to tell me and I ended up with three lines I need to figure out to find her and her dragon again.”

“What are the lines?”

I told him and also told him how I thought it was related to Sable Sucré but that I had no idea where I was supposed to be looking. “And I need your help to find some information, again.”

“And what is it that you are looking for?” Svadilfari asked as he opened the door to the library for me. While I had been talking we had walked to the tree under which the library was.

“Well I’m not really sure; something that might help me pin-point the location where she disappeared or where she had been fighting. I was thinking that maybe there were battle maps somewhere in here. There are so many books surely something must help me in some way or another.”

“Battle maps you say?” Svadilfari looked at me with an amused look. Why? Beats me. “Those happen to be stored somewhere in this library. May I ask what you are going to do if you find the place where this Dragon Knight might have died and now wants you to go?”

“Well just that, go there. As soon as possible because I don’t know how long we have been that ‘evil in the east’ tries to attack and personally some answer might put my mind at ease a little.”

“Or on the contrary, trouble you more. Does Robin know about this?” I simply shook my head. I would tell him soon, I had to; we shared that prophecy after all. The Mage didn’t ask anything more nor did I have anything to add.