The Awakening of the Legend (Chapter 11)

It was getting dark outside as the sun slowly disappeared behind the mountains. I was sitting in the window of the bedroom in my dragon house. I had been sitting here the entire afternoon, hiding from Robin.

I didn’t know where Robin was he hadn’t been here. Maybe he wasn’t even looking for me and just waiting for me to come out. That was a clever strategy since at some point I would have to eat; I only had water here.

Which made me think; or I needed a cease-fire or I had to get a message to Marie-Anne. I wondered what was best. Probably the cease-fire was the best first option. Robin knew, as well as I did, that dinner with the princes was almost as important as the ball tomorrow evening.

I concentrated and chose my words carefully.

“Air, could you please give Robin a message from me?” I asked aloud.

“Of course, my young knight.”

“Could you tell him that I request a cease-fire? I need to attend dinner if not the King and Queen will be mad, therefore I need to be sure that he will not catch me until the end of dinner. Please, tell him this without letting him know where I am.”

I felt a rush of air pass through my hair and clothes. While waiting for air to return with Robin’s answer I looked back outside. The sky was coloring orange and pink; the mountains were only dark outlines. Zjarr was somewhere up there. It would be wonderful if I could my up there with her but it would not be fair in my little match with Robin.

“He accepts the cease-fire. He will wait for you at dinner.” Air said to me after a little while.

“Thank you very much, air.” I whispered.

I got up from my seat and went to the closet. My mother would be mad if I showed up at dinner in my training clothes. And I couldn’t just pick any dress; it had to be representative of Tanah Bulan; it had to be the color of the night with the silver of the moon. And I had just the one.

The dress I would be wearing was entirely night sky blue and only the tight bodice was decorated with silver lines, which now looked to me like flowers.  It had quite a low neckline but not too low. The skirt was wide, made out of several layers of silk. The sleeves were very tight around my upper arm as well as see through but under the elbow the sleeves loosened and became very wide; going all the way down to my knees. It was a very nice dress and I only wore it when I needed to represent the kingdom.

It took me a while to put it on; the corset was hard, the dress was easy. By the time I was all dressed up it was time for dinner so I only brushed my hair quickly and began going down the stairs. Robin was already waiting for me at the door of the dining hall. I noticed his eyes go up and down before a smile appeared on his face.

Being formal again, he bowed and offered me his arm. I smiled as well and took his arm. He led me inside where everybody was already waiting. The King was seated at the head of the table and the Queen on his right. The left side was still free for me and the princes had filled in the other seats. Vadmin was there was well, at the other end of the table and one other chair was empty for Robin.

The advisors were nowhere to be seen, which was strange I thought. Why wouldn’t they be here while Robin was? On the other hand, I didn’t care.

I had only taken one step forward when someone bumped into me from behind. I didn’t go flying through the air but I was brought of balance nevertheless. Robin tightened his grip on my arm to keep me from falling.

“Thank you.” I said to him before looking behind me.

The little girl from that morning was sitting on the floor and rubbing a hand over her head; she really bumped into me hard. I kneeled down in front of her and she suddenly looked up. She was frightened, I saw it in her eyes, and she seemed to want to look around me for her brother.