"You didn't have to do that for me."

Start from the beginning

I smiled softly, "Thanks, you didn't have to do that for me."
"It's cool. As soon as I saw him walk up to you I went over. Then I heard what he said and couldn't help but punch the ass in the face."

We stopped for a brief moment.
"I really can't be bothered for fifth and sixth period," I groaned.
"Then let's just leave," Leo replied.
I looked up at him, smiling softly.
"To be honest, any other day I would, but I don't wanna risk getting in any more trouble with my mom," I said.

"I understand," he smiled, "Anyway, I'll see you tomorrow."
"Bye!" I said in return, before making my way to Physics class.

The last two periods dragged on, Trevor was normally in the same physics class as me but I didn't see him, he must've still been in the principals office.

Upon exiting the school, Nate jogged up to me.
"Hey, What was that all about in the hall?" He asked.
"Nothing you need to worry about," I reassured him.

"Is DiCaprio crazy? Why'd he punch Trevor?" He questioned, ignoring my previous remark.

"Look, it's a long story that I can't be bothered to get into right now, but Leo wasn't in the wrong," I told him.

"You seem to be around him a lot recently. I just want you to be careful; the guys bad news."

"Nate, I'm eighteen tomorrow and I'm pretty sure I'm old enough to be aware of the decisions I'm making."

"I know, I just want you to watch out, that's all."

"Well you know what Nate, sometimes the bad guys aren't really the bad guys, ok? The same thing applies for the other way around, and I've had to learn that the hard way."

"Nina, what do you mean? What's happened?"

"I told you, Nate. You don't need to worry," I concluded, before storming off across the parking lot.

After a few minutes of walking, I started to feel bad, Nate hadn't done anything wrong, he was just being a good friend and trying to help out. But I was just so frustrated with everything right now that I took most my anger out on him.

The heck am I doing? It's my birthday tomorrow, do I seriously want to end up with no friends?

I finally arrived home, I tossed my bag from over my shoulder onto the hall floor before jogging up the stairs. My brother and I had obviously forgotten to turn off the AC before school this morning; the house was freezing.

I searched through my closet to find a hoodie, the first one I spotted was Leo's black one. Oh well, it'll have to do.

The hoodie was comfier than most of mine; it was still soft on the inside and it was a lot more oversized than them. Besides, it still smelt of him.

I collapsed onto my bed and grabbed this months edition of vogue that my mom had bought for me. I carefully read each page, admiring the designs.

"Hey Nina," my brother greeted, making me jump at his sudden appearance in my doorway.
"Hey," I replied.
"So," he said, in a suspicious tone, as he walked into my room.

"What Leo did in the hall earlier, for you... It was weird."
I raised a brow, implying for him to explain further.

"You haven't really talked before," he continued.

"What are you trying to say?" I asked, growing impatient at his slowly articulated question.

He sighed, "was he who you were with on Saturday?"

"No," I lied.

"Then who's hoodie is that?" He asked. Shit.

"It's mine, I just haven't worn it yet."

"Nina," he said, dragging the last letter of my name out, knowing I was lying.

"Ok! I was. But if what you're insinuating is if we did anything the answer is no."

He nodded slowly, before leaving my room, saying no more.

Weirdo.