✧ 1 | Reunited ✧

Although it felt like weeks melted into months, the day that Makoto and the rest of Future Foundation came to Towa City finally arrived. I received a message on the communicator we were given by Shirokuma yesterday letting me know they were ready to come get us the next day... Which had me beyond relieved. Makoto told us to pack our stuff and be prepared to leave at any second, but of course, Touko was too caught up in the excitement of coming home that she forgot to do so the night before.

     "C'mon, Toki! I bet they're almost here!" I shouted out, hastily moving to grab my belongings. It wasn't much, just my Hacking Gun and a few things I'd acquired from my time here in the city, like files of those related to Monaca's plan. Those files would more than likely be given to the Future Foundation for safekeeping. After all, they weren't of much use regarding the fact that the war was over.

     I held everything in my arms with a calm beating in my chest, walking to the next room to check on Touko. She wasn't anywhere to be found in her room, or even in the hotel we moved into at all. "Toki? Where'd she go...?" From the looks of it, she actually packed, just as she was supposed to, taking the Stun Gun with her wherever she went off to. I figured it wasn't worth waiting for her to return, so I eventually left the hotel, seemingly for the last time.

     This hotel became our home for the last few weeks due to the secret underground 'adult base' being basically useless after Monaca's defeat, and to be honest, I didn't mind living there as much as I thought I would've. It was definitely more comfy than the prison-like beds in the base... Well, at least for Touko. The poor girl hardly got any sleep between the lack of space in one bed and my easy-to-admit snoring that probably kept her up late every night. Fortunately for her, sleepless nights were a thing of the past. What was now ahead of her, and even me, was hopeful dreams.

     I didn't really have to walk too far out of the building to find the burgundy-haired girl. She was pretty much just waiting patiently outside, Stun Gun in hand. "Hey!" I called out to her. "I didn't see you leave. Why didn't you let me know first?" Touko looked over her shoulder as I approached and rolled her eyes. "Pfft, and waste time conversating when our one-way ticket out of here is just minutes away? Absolutely not, Komaru." She clenched the gun in her hand, almost anxiously. I could sense she was a bit nervous while waiting here, and the reason was more than obvious.

     "You're really excited to see him, aren't you?"

     A deep red flushed over Fukawa's face the instant she processed my question. "N-No...! Why would you assume such a thing so quickly? I-I'm not as desperate as you make me out to be!" She stammered, pushing her pointer fingers together. "I don't look desperate standing here like this, do I?" Touko asked me. She knew well enough that I could see through her tough appearance and that Byakuya was the one thing on her mind right now.

     My head shook in response. "No, no, you look fine. Believe me, I'm nervous too. I haven't seen my brother in a year..." Even so, with a few months of fighting robot bears added on to that year, it was too long of a time away from him. I still didn't even know where my parents were... Or if they were still alive. If not, Makoto and I would be orphans at this point, but then again, so much time passed, he's basically a legal adult now. "I-It's crazy how long I've been in Towa... I didn't think I'd be able to remember Makoto's voice, until we called him in the Tower."

     "I know," Fukawa said, her hands shaking a little. "But now, you'll get to see him again. In person." She chuckled a bit. "And I get to see Master. He promised me I'd be promoted to an actual Future Foundation member if I completed the task I was assigned, which means I'll be close to him all the time~" The look that formed on her face told me she was starting to have another one of her perverted thoughts about Byakuya, but it felt easier to just let her dream for a few minutes. Our conversation was soon interrupted by the chopping sound of helicopter blades above us. The girl with purplish-red hair jumped at the noise, but instantly calmed herself to look remotely sane for her unrequited lover.

     The whirring grew louder as the helicopter landed nearby, and the two of us dashed right over with our belongings, the concern for getting to see our loved ones becoming a first thought. Three silhouettes emerged, coming into view as Ms. Kyoko Kirigiri, Byakuya Togami, and...

     "Makoto…!!!"