{𝕊𝕖𝕝𝕗𝕝𝕖𝕤𝕤}

This concludes Frayed! I'm so happy to have finally gotten her and so thankful for your support.

Given that I'm uploading this chapter very close to the 25th of October, I'm going to push the release date of Book 2 to November 25th because, after all, what's life without a little suspense, especially with the ending to this book...

Enjoy!

******************

"Where's your brother?"

"You think we'd tell you?" Clary scoffs, gripping the Book of the White tightly

"You won't have to" Valentine admits

"Stay away from them!" Simon yells, running for Valentine but he pushes him off easily, poising his blade to strike but Izzy reacts quickly, ensnaring her whip around Valentine's wrist but the electrum doesn't faze him and he throws her to the ground using the whip

Moving to go for Simon again, Jace's voice rings through the room and Valentine stops in his tracks.

"Stop! This time you're not getting away."

Other Circle members run towards Izzy and Simon, gripping them tightly, seraph blades pressed to their throats.

"Finally ready to kill your own father?" Valentine questions

"You abandoned me."

"I was protecting you." Valentine rebuts, "You weren't ready then, but you've grown. You've become the warrior I've trained you to be."

"You trained me well" Jace accepts, nodding

"And yet, I still have so much to teach you" Valentine adds, "I brought you here for a reason. Look, fight me, and watch your friends die."

Alec and Magnus are the next to be brought in, restrained and with blades tight to their throats and I feel the breath in my throat hitch. My boyfriend and best friend could die...all because of this man.

"Let them go!" I growl, striding further towards him, unafraid of the fact that my sleeper was unaware of the threat and that I was essentially defenceless without it

"Ah, my eldest daughter, the one I managed to watch grow, if only for a short few years" Valentine speaks and he sounds both disgusted and, strangely, wistful, "What you have become now, because of your mother, disgusts me. What kind of mother curses one child for the benefit of another?"

His words hit me like a solid wall not because of their harshness but because of their truth. He was speaking the words I'd thought to myself for weeks now. It was messing with my head.

"Oh, the potential you could have had" Valentine sighs, "But the minute you were born, I knew you were a mundani and oh, it disgusted me. A mere mundane child, mine?! Ludicrous. My first daughter, first child, a mundane. As a child of mine, that's worse then a Downworlder."

"What is insulting her like this going to achieve?" Jace snaps, his sword hadn't wavered an inch

"You are strong, my son, but they make you weak" Valentine spits, "And that is what I am attempting with your older sister, to make her strong because despite her horrendous nature, I can fix it."

"Fix it?" I blurt before I can stop myself, "Fix it how?"

"Don't fall for it, Camille!" Alec grunts but the Circle member holding him forces him to silence

"Intrigued?" Valentine leers, "Of course you are, you are my daughter after all."

"Let us go" Clary speaks up, "You can have the book. We won't be able to stop you without it."