{𝕋𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝔾𝕠𝕕𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕤𝕒𝕜𝕖𝕟 ℂ𝕦𝕡!}

Quick question guys (and please answer cause I'm really interested)

In book 2, I'm trying to decide who should kill Jocelyn - Alec or Cami? On one hand, it's originally Alec who kills her and it marks an important change in his and Clary's relationship and his personality which is massively important but on the other hand it makes more sense for Cami to kill her because she's so angry at her and it could bring something different to the book...

Let me know I'm super curious!

*********

Descending the stairs from the training room, hand still clasped in Alec's I spot Jace and Clary, still dressed and seemingly in a rush...I also see Maryse, focusing on a tablet in front of her, swiping her finger along it with a brutal sense of determination.

I squeeze Alec's hand before letting go, smiling encouragingly at him as I follow on after Clary and Jace, who were working to catch up with Simon.

"We need your help" Jace's voice carries over to me as I approach them and I fall short.

Jace asking Simon for help?

Clearly, Simon is just as stunned because he makes a startled face, looking questioningly at Clary

"The Book of the White" Clary explains, "It contains the spell that can wake mom, but she hid it so Valentine can never find it."

"We have a lead" Jace interjects

Clary sighs, presenting the bookmark I had picked up from the table mere minutes ago.

"The Bookmark of the White?" Simon frowns and I snigger. They all turn to me, Jace glaring, Simon smiling appreciatively and Clary pensively. I shrug back simply and Clary returns to explaining.

"It's a piece of the book itself. Magnus tracked it's owner to the Hotel DuMort, but..."

"It's with Camille" I finish

"Okay, um..." Simon murmurs, inhaling deeply, "I'll set a meeting with Raphael."

"Thank you" Clary and I chorus in varying, relieved tones

Simon nods before turning away and exiting the Institute. I feel my heart sink a little. It was our fault he was taken and used as a human toy by Camille, our fault he became a vampire...and now it's our fault that he may have to confront the woman who literally killed him.

We suck.

Somehow, in the midst of my thoughts, both Clary and Jace had disappeared and I now found myself alone... until Alec rounds the corner, headed straight towards me.

"On a scale of one to ten..." I grimace as he reaches me, "How bad was it?"

"Off the charts" Alec admits and I wince, "Yeah, I've never seen them so angry."

"Just...give them time?" I suggest, though my heart drops - this was exactly what I'd been wanting to avoid, him losing everything just because of me...for me.

"After what I did..." Alec breathes, "I don't think they'll ever forgive me."

"Don't underestimate a parent's love" I counter, "It was my mother's love for me and my sister that she took us away from Valentine, betrayed him and her beliefs at the time. If we hadn't existed...I don't think she would've had the strength."

"It was also your mother's love for Clary that got you cursed" Alec points out, a hard and bitter edge to his voice at the mention of my curse

"You don't..." I exhale audibly, anxiety sweeping over me, "You don't regret it...do you?"