{𝕎𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝔸𝕣𝕖 𝕐𝕠𝕦?}

"A mundane?" Jace repeats, "Brother that...that's not possible..."

"It is true" the Brother echoes, "I will await you in the City of Bones. But remember...we do not like to be kept waiting."

The Brother turned around, disappearing through the entry way, completely obscured in darkness.

"What is he saying?" Clary demands, "Cami's a Shadowhunter, like me! You put that rune on her and she didn't die! What is going on?!"

"The rune didn't work right" Alec spoke up. He was still holding me but almost at arm's length now, like I had some kind of mundane disease he didn't want to catch.

"Put me down" I growl and Alec looks at me, confused, "Put me down, Alec. I'm fine."

Alec complies and I instantly step away from him and closer to Izzy who, despite recent information, doesn't flinch away from me.

"What do you mean the rune didn't work right?" Jace inquires. He, Simon and Clary had now made their way over to the three of us, confusion laced through their features

"When you guys went into the training room...her demon wound started bleeding again, and she was faint, she practically felt into my arms. I thought maybe it was exhaustion but...her wound was bleeding again as if it had never healed"

"But then it disappeared" Izzy mentions, her face bone white, "We got her to my bedroom and she cleaned herself up but the wound had disappeared. And...her rune was faded"

"What?' I exclaim, pulling my shirt down to reveal the spot my rune was. It was still there, but she was right. Instead of a dark, visible black it had become a pale grey and was only just visible on my skin, "What the hell?"

"The training room has rune energy, too" Jace announces, "Not strong enough to kill a mundane, but it's there, it helps enhance our focus when we're training...but she didn't even go into the City of Bones, she was practically 10 feet away"

"The Brother said he didn't have answers for that, though" Simon pipes up, "So even they don't know what's happening. Aren't runes drawn onto mundanes supposed to kill them? Or turn them into forsaken somethings? That's what Izzy told me."

"Normally, yes" Izzy nods, "But she's fine. Well, kind of...she did almost die a second ago. But if she's not a Shadowhunter, and she can't be a mundane, what is she?"

"What about the, uh, the Downworlders? Am I saying that, right?" Clary suggests

"Yeah, that could be a possibility but Downworlders can't have runes drawn on them either for the same reasons as mundanes...so what is she?"

"I'm something!" I shout and everyone turns to me, shocked, as if they'd forgotten I was even here, "I'm something and we don't know what it is yet but right now, Clary, you need to go and see the Silent Brothers. What I am might be solved if you get some answers. You heard him, they don't like to be kept waiting."

"Are you sure?" Clary questions and I nod, "Okay...are you okay?"

"I'm fine" I promise her, "Now, go"

Clary sighs, nodding her head and giving me a quick hug before following Jace through the entrance, taking one last look at me before disappearing into the dark.

I felt the anxiety churn in my stomach and I wanted nothing more to follow her...but I couldn't.

What the hell was I?

It was terrifying. Coming into this life thinking I was a Shadowhunter, only for the tables to turn on me and instead, in a world of craziness and legends and vampires, werewolves and demons, I was a freak in their world.