{𝕄𝕖𝕟 & 𝔸𝕟𝕘𝕖𝕝𝕤}

By the time I wake up, I'm alone again and all my memories come flooding through me. Luke dying, Magnus needing my energy, Alec arriving...and staying.

I look around the room but no one is with me, I'm alone. I swing my legs over the edge of the bed and tentatively stand up and as soon as I do, a wave of pain crashes into me. Every muscle in my body is aching, every bone feels as if it's about snap and merely thinking causes my brain to throb painfully.

"Ah" I groan, supporting myself in the door frame, "Damn, that smarts"

I hobble my way down the corridor and into the living room, silently thanking whoever took the torture traps off of my feet...probably Alec.

"Cami" Clary whispers as I enter the living room, "You're up!"

"How long was I out?"

"About four hours" Magnus pipes up, "I would recommend a longer rest but I assume you have no intention of doing so?"

"Not right now, no" I chuckle, wincing at the intense pain in my side from laughing, "You were right about me feeling it when I woke up"

"Unfortunately, that will only pass with time" Magnus sighs

"What, no fancy potion I could take?" I smirk

"Unfortunately not"

"Drat"

Magnus smiles sympathetically, disappearing into a different bedroom as Clary comes over to me, supporting some of my weight.

"I think Luke's awake" Clary utters, "But I wanted to wait for you to wake up before I went to talk to him. We both deserve these answers, not just me."

"Where's Alec?" I ask, trying to make it seem like it's a nonchalant question, I add, "And Jace and Izzy and Simon?"

"I'm not sure, actually. Probably securing the perimeter. I thanked Alec on our behalf for getting here"

"Thanks, sis" I roll my eyes, "But I already thanked him myself. Let's go see Luke, yeah?"

Clary nods, looping her arm around my shoulders to help me walk into the bedroom Magnus disappeared into. I stop myself from laugh as I watch a disgruntled Luke thank Magnus as he plumps the pillows behind Luke's back.

"I'll leave you three alone" Magnus grants when he spots us, sweeping out of the room swiftly, "Go easy on him."

Clary moves me to a chair by the bed, dropping me into it slowly before standing to pace the room

"I heard about what you did for me, Camille" Luke murmurs, a warm smile on his face, "Thank you for that."

"While that's all well and good, Luke" I dismiss, "You know you can't avoid our questions, right? I know Mom swore you to secrecy but...she's not here. We are. Why didn't you tell us about any of this?"

"Because I was afraid you would hate us" Luke admits

"Not possible" Clary sighs and Luke gives her a knowing look, "Okay...the last few days, we have not had all the information"

"And you still don't" Luke remarks, "But you need to know everything. It'll help you both find the Mortal Cup"

"I'm so sick of this fucking Cup" I growl, "How is knowing everything gonna even help us?"

"You just have to trust me!" Luke insists...and so we do.

Luke launches into the story of how Valentine's instability was somewhat blameable upon himself and Mom. That they had fallen in love because of Valentine's consistent pushing...he pushed Luke, his parabatai, away and his wife...but though they had never cheated with each other, Valentine was convinced they were having an affair and became obsessed with winning Mom's heart back which included breaking his own principles.