Chapter 25

I haven't seen Ben in a few days. Weird, I know, which was why I was a little worried. I didn't want to be, how could I not? We've spent almost every waking moment together and suddenly he disappears? I was starting to think all that moving in talk was getting to him.

"I saw him walk in this morning," Aaron told me as we walked to first period. "He did seem a little off, but I figured you would know." I sighed as I told him, "No. It's fine, though. If he needs his space, he needs his space. I will not be one of those girlfriends. I'll worry, but I won't pry."

Lee put her arm around me and said, "Good! You don't need to worry too much, though. He'll tell you eventually, you know that." I did know that, but something still felt off! Nevertheless, I went into first period focused on my work. It was getting nearer to graduation and I wanted to give these last few weeks a hard push.

As we were writing down what was going to be on the final in a few weeks, there was a knock on the door. Our teacher opened it and in came a group of kids I recognized from being in choir with a big sign asking, 'WILL YOU GO TO PROM WITH ME?'. I rolled my eyes at the ridiculousness that is prom proposals and went back to writing.

But that's when the choir started singing 'Perfect' by Ed Sheeran. I slowly looked up from my paper and saw my boyfriend walking into the classroom with flowers in his hands. He looked how I was feeling...nervous as all bloody hell.

"Cass," he said with his shy schoolboy smile, "will you go to prom with me?" Every girl in the room gasped in awe and I couldn't help but feel so much pride in that. I slowly stood up and watched as the flowers in his hands shook.

As cheesy as I thought promposals were...I guess you don't realize how special it is until it happens to you.

"Yes," I told him with a wide smile. He let out a deep breath and ran up to bring me in a tight hug. The entire room clapped, making me bury my face into Ben's neck in embarrassment. I felt him place a kiss on my head, then say in my ear, "I love you."

I looked up at him and said, "I love you, too." He gave me a chaste kiss, then handed me the flowers. "Alright, Mr. Cumberbatch, you've disrupted my class enough," my teacher said, annoyance edging her voice. He gave her a nod, then said, "Right, sorry."

The choir kids folded up the sign and gave it to Ben who said, "I'll keep this in my locker for you. See you in fourth, beautiful." He kissed my cheek, then practically skipped out of the room. I sat back down in my seat and looked around at the envy the girls had towards me. Who knew I'd be that girl?

When fourth period rolled around, Ben surprised me by picking me up from behind and carrying me into the classroom. "So, I'm guessing she said yes?" Lee asked with a glint in her eye. I gasped as I asked, "You knew? You knew I was worried, why didn't you say anything?" Ben looked oddly at me and asked, "Worried? Why were you worried?"

"You were ignoring her for three days, genius," Aaron told him. Ben tsk'd, then put the most tender and loving kiss on my forehead. "I'm sorry, love," he said. "I didn't mean to do that. I was just so nervous and I tend to like to be alone when I'm like that. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done that."

I hugged him around the waist and told him, "It's fine. At least now I know things are okay." He hugged me tighter back as he said, "They are more than okay."