Chapter 9: The Phantom Pain

The storm continued brewing on the Isle of Draco as Shade Demons invade the island. Dragons were fighting back, but the dark creatures outnumber them. Bad Guy, in his dragon form which nobody recognized, and Awesome, with ghost powers, joined the battle against the Dark Dragon's minions. They defeated a good number of them, but it seemed like the more they defeat, the more came. They were soon surrounded.

"You gotta admit this is what you signed up for when you came in here!" Bad Guy grinned while head-locking a Shade Demon in his arm.

"Well, yeah, ok. I admit." Awesome replied as she shot out ghost rays in the form of waves and kicked off a Shade Demon.

"Awesome Kick!" Jake's voice came from the sky. His dragon form landed and joined the battle.

"AK? You're alive!" Ninja cheered as he and Howard, who had a ghost ray gun, hopped off Jake's back.

"Pssh! Of course I am! And I have ghost powers now!" Awesome showed off her powers by summoning and throwing ghost rings, cutting several Shade Demons in half before flying back between her fingers. "Haha! Did you see that! First try!" She nudged the other Outsider, who rolled his eyes with a smile.

"Wow, you've mastered that move already? It took me a while to do that." Danny Phantom flew in, attacking the foes. The Specter Speeder followed and landed near them. Sam and Tucker were in the front seat, Tucker driving and Sam wielding a Fenton Wrist Ray. Spud, Trixie, and Rose exited the vehicle, the first two wielding Magical Mojo while Rose was in her new Huntsgirl suit with a HuntsSpear.

"Woah, the gangs' all here!" Bad Guy nudged Awesome and whispered.

"I know!" She whispered back with a suppressed grin as she fangirled inside.

"Huh, who's this? I've never seen him before." Jake scanned Bad Guy's dragon form suspiciously.

"He's my friend! He came to help me fight off Bad Guy! Hope you don't mind, but he borrowed Chang's dragon chi..." Awesome nudged him.

"Why, yes! I did! My friends call me Heck. We totally beat Bad Guy and got the thermos back. Then Dan ambushed us but we managed to capture him in the thermos too. A 2 in 1 deal!" Bad Guy said. Awesome gave him a confused glance and whispered, "Heck? Really?"

"It's an actual family name. And it makes more sense than Awesome Kick." He whispered back.

"Touché."

Their conversation was interrupted by Danny floating over to collect the thermos. "That's great! Thank you!"

Awesome took it off her belt and handed it to him. But the thermos was quickly snatched away before he could grab it. The snatcher was Bananas B! The monkey took the thermos and hopped onto the back of a dark violet dragon, Chang.

"What the!? But we took your dragon chi away!" Jake exclaimed.

Chang laughed evilly as more Shade Demons surround them. "The Dark One granted me one of the chi I stole from the Hall of Dragons long ago!"

"So it was you who stole them!" Jake got into a fighting stance.

"Give the thermos back or I'll make you!" Danny flew up in a fighting stance, his hands glowing with icy ghost energy.

"Sure! After I do a lil' bit o' this!" Bananas B placed his hand on the thermos cap. Danny dived towards the monkey and shot an ice beam at him. But Danny's ice beam was blocked by a beam shot from Chang's staff. Not only that, it pushed the ice beam back to Danny, hitting him. Danny was frozen in ice and fell from the sky. Jake breathed fire at him, thawing the ice.

Danny managed to hover right before he hit the ground. "Phew, thanks, Jake." He thanked before all the heroes began battling the dark violet dragon and the Shade Demons.

"Open the thermos already, you baboon!" Chang growled at her minion as she fought. Bananas B did as he was commanded. He switched the thermos to release mode and opened the cap. A green beam of swirling light shot into the sky from the thermos, followed by two ghosts. But to the heroes' surprise, Vlad flew off instead of attacking Danny or overshadowing Awesome, which leaves Dan, Chang, Bananas B and the Shade Demons to fight. Dan quickly shot a ghost ray at the thermos in the monkey's hands, destroying it. This made Bananas B make a surprised monkey sound. "Oi! Watch it!" He shook a fist at him.

Dan landed on the ground with his hands on his stomach, as he just went through a fight with the Outsiders. But he still smirked menacingly, ignoring the monkey. "Danny Phantom. You're right where I want you to be." He said with a slightly shaky breath.

"Give it up already! I will NEVER turn into you!" Danny shouted.

"No, you won't," Dan said, catching everyone off guard. But Heck and Awesome shared glances that said 'sh*t is about to go down!' and went into fighting stances. "The Dark Dragon will!" Dan conjured up a long chain in his hand and shot one end of it towards Danny. Heck flew in front of Danny and breathed ice. But the chains pierced through the ice and passed around Heck, wrapping itself around Danny. Then, Chang blasted Heck and Awesome with stun rays, letting Dan fly away into the storm clouds, pulling Danny with him. Chang and Bananas B followed. The Shade Demons swarmed the heroes to stop them from following.

"Danny!" Sam cried. "Tucker, follow them!"

Tucker piloted the Specter Speeder after them but was quickly grabbed by a giant Shade Demon. Meanwhile, Heck and Awesome recovered from the stun ray. They shared glances. Awesome made her hands glow with ecto-energy while Heck breathed out cold air. They smirked. "You thinking what I'm thinking?" He asked.

"Hell yeah." She answered.

Heck breathed ice into the air and Awesome shot a ghost ray at it. The ice refracted the light of the ghost ray everywhere, creating openings in the swarming Shade Demons. "There!" Heck pointed to a nearby opening. They flew and escaped from the swarm. The dragon gang used those openings and escaped too.

"Nice thinking you guys!" Rose complemented while riding on Jake's back.

They then proceeded to help the others who were still trapped in the swarm. Awesome saw Sam and Tucker struggling with the giant Shade Demon. "Turn the headlights on! Light is their weakness!" She shouted as she charged up ghost rays in her hands.

"No, go after Danny! We'll catch up!" Sam shouted while blasting the giant dark creature with her Wrist Ray and Tucker turned on all the lights on the speeder.

The Outsiders nodded. They flew full speed towards the storm. In the clouds, they heard ghost rays being fired and some fighting sounds. Awesome was gonna charge in to help Danny but Heck stopped her and put a claw over his lips. "Detransform. Dan will sense you if you're in ghost mode." He whispered and flew under her. She did as he suggested and sat on his back. Then, he flew in closer for a better view. Danny was attacking Dan and Chang with everything he got. Dan was also struggling, but Chang, on the other hand, dodged, blocked and fought back with her own attacks. Dan charged up ghost rays in his palms, "Give up, child. I'm still here. I still exist. I am inevitable!"

"Not unless I beat you! I did it once, I'll do it again!" Danny inhaled deeply. This made Dan suddenly stopped his attack and summon a forcefield around him, leaving Chang and Bananas B confused. Then, Danny unleashed his unique ability, the Ghostly Wail. Chang and Bananas B was immediately blown away by the wails while Dan's forcefield was barely intact. Then finally, it broke and Dan was blasted away as well. Danny stopped with a sigh of relief and panted with his hands on his knees. But unfortunately, that wasn't the end. The Dark Dragon towered behind him with a deep chuckle. "Very impressive, ghost child. But this will be the end of your good doings."

"N-no..." Danny gasped and started to fly away but Dan came back and grabbed him by the back of his neck. Then he used a Ghost Stinger on him. Danny yelled in pain, making Awesome tighten her grip on Heck's scales and grit her teeth. Shortly after, the stinger stopped and Danny was barely conscious and able to keep his ghost form. Dan brought him to the Dark Dragon and held him up. "Finish our deal!"

The Dark Dragon let out a deep growl. "Fine. One dark chi wouldn't make a difference in my power." He conjured up a dark colored dragon chi in his claws as Danny struggled. He swung his claws back with the chi and thrust it forwards. At that moment, Awesome went ghost and flew in, wrapping her arms around Danny. The dark chi was absorbed into her back, transforming her into her dragon form immediately.