Unexpectedly-26

Chapter Twenty-Six

"Are you ready?" Kali called from the other side of the bathroom door.

"No," I replied, taking in a deep breath.

"Come on," Kali knocked.

I opened the door and she gave me an encouraging smile before she walked in.

"Don't worry, Chels. He loves you. Plus, if my brother leaves, I'll still be here to help," she said.

I smiled and took a deep breath, "Thanks."

"Ready?"

I nodded and we both walked towards the three sticks on the counter. My eyes widened as I stared at them.

"Two lines on all three. Congrats, Chels!" Kali said happily.

I continued staring at the sticks, obviously still in shock.

"Chelsea? Are you okay?"

I blinked and nodded my head. Then a smile slowly showed up on my face.

"Oh my god, Kali! I'm pregnant," I laughed happily.

"Congrats," she smiled, pulling me in for a hug.

Just then, I felt a little queasy. I put my hand on my belly and covered my mouth with my other hand. Kali realized what was going to happen and she pulled back and I ran towards the toilet and let everything out.

"When are you going to t-"

"Leo Casher! You did not hide your engagement from me. I am your mother!"

Both Kali and my eyes widened. We stood still for a few seconds before we threw the sticks away and got out of the bathroom. After taking in a couple of breaths, we both walked to the living room.

"Leo!" Mrs. Casher yelled.

"Mom, Leo isn't home," Kali said once we saw her.

"Hey, Baby," she said, walking towards us to give Kali a hug.

"Hey, Mom," Kali laughed.

After the hug, Mrs. Casher turned to me and have me a big smile.

"Chelsea! Dear, Leo's been feeding you right," she laughed, pulling me in for a hug too.

I laughed and hugged her back.

"Now, where is my son and this fiancé of yours?"

"He's at the office," Kali answered for me.

"Great! Let's go there," she said, pulling us out the door before we could say anything.

"Mom," Kali groaned.

"Shush. I need to give Leo a good lecture on not telling me and your dad about his engagement," she replied.

"Speaking of Dad, where is he?"

"He was with his friends last night catching up. You can say he's a bit hungover," she answered.

"You came here by yourself?" Kali asked.

"No. He wouldn't let me come alone, so he's in the car sitting on the passenger seat," she laughed.

I smiled at how much Mr. Casher loves Mrs. Casher. They both reminded me of my mom and my dad the other night.

"Come on. Get in so we could go surprise Leo," she urged us.

We got in and soon, we were on our way to my fiancé. I just hope that everything will go well because Leo might get a pretty good lecture by how his mom is right now. And for some reason, I can't wait to see this look on his face. More precisely, I just can't wait to see him.