Unexpectedly

Chapter One

-2 years ago-

"Leo," Kayla breathed once she saw me at the town plaza where we always meet.

The fountain at the plaza was spurting water out and there were many people there walking around and going into shops. I quickly walked up to her and grabbed onto her hands.

"Hey," I smiled before hugging her tightly.

"Hi," she said against my chest.

"I missed you," I said kissing her forehead.

"Leo, I-"

"I promise that I won't leave you anymore. That was the last business trip that I'm going alone on," I cut her off and smiled.

"How do you know for sure?" she asked as I pulled away.

"Because," I began.

She gave me a confused look and I gave her a cheesy smile before I took out the velvet box in my pocket and knelt to the ground on one knee. I heard her gasp and I took a deep breath.

"Kayla Macy Lander, will you marry me?" I asked, smiling.

I assumed that she was still shocked because there was a long silence before she opened her mouth to answer me.

"I can't," she said apologetically.

I furrowed my eyebrows and made sure that I heard that right.

"I wanted to tell you earlier, but you cut me off. When you left, I went out partying with my girls and saw my ex-boyfriend. I was arguing with him because he wouldn't leave me alone. Then I told him that I have a boyfriend and he said that I belong to only him. Then he kissed me and for some reason, I kissed him back. After that, one thing led to another. I woke up in his bed. I am so sor-"

"What?"

"Baby, I am so sorry," she said as she kneeled down next to me.

I looked at her in shock and stood in my postition for a few seconds before I quickly stood up and took a step away from her.

"Leo," she whispered.

I didn't listen to her. I kept on taking another step after another step away and the next thing I knew, I was walking towards my car. Once I got there, I got in and closed the door. I hit my head on the steering wheel multiple times and started crying. Then I started driving. I started driving to anywhere that the road was going to take me.

-Present Day-

"Leo, you seriously need to stop mourning over something two years ago," my best friend Rick said.

"It's not even about that. I just don't want to go," I said seriously.

"Do you need me to tell your mom again?" Rick smirked.

I groaned and slightly pushed him before I walked into my bathroom.

"Yes! Ladies, watch out. It's party time," Rick said pumping a fist into the air.

I took a quick shower before I quickly got dressed and walked out of my room. I'd probably regret this on any other day, but tonight, I'm just going to block it out.

"Thank god it's Friday. Let's get it over with," I said under my breath as I walked out of my house.

"I heard that," Rick said as he walked to the passenger side.