Broken Heart: Peter Parker

Peter and you have been best friends since kindergarten, you guys were basically inseparable since childhood. You guys would always be there for each other no matter the situation, you comforted Peter when Uncle Ben died and he helped you whenever you needed. But lately things have changed, Peter would cancel on plans and sometimes avoid you in the hallways. At first you were confused but later that confusion turned into pain.

     One day at lunch you asked Peter why he had been avoiding you and what you got wasn't what you expected.

     "I'm sorry Y/N but I don't think we should be friends anymore." He said bluntly, you furrowed your eyebrows in confusion.

     "What do you mean you don't wanna be friends anymore?" You asked, you felt the gaze of everyone in the cafeteria but you ignored them.

     "I'm sorry Y/N but people change and I don't think i should keep being friends with someone that I don't wanna be friends with." He said.

     "Okay bu-"

     "God dammit Y/N will you just leave me alone!" Peter yelled, your eyes widened in shock but then immediately started to water. You put your head down, muttered a simple "okay" and ran to the bathroom. You spent a while in a stall until you heard the bell ring, signaling that you had to go to your next class. Which unfortunately, was with Peter. You wiped away your tears and made your way to your class.

     As you were walking you felt a pang in your chest but ignored it thinking it was just a little heart burn. You arrived to your class and sat down at your desk you looked to your right to see Peter talking with Ned. You looked away before they could see you staring, you didn't want any more drama to happen today. The teacher began her lesson but you couldn't pay attention, all you could focus on was the pain in your chest.

     You kept clutching your shirt and the teacher seemed to notice your situation.

"Ms. Y/L/N are you alright?" She asked with concern. You tried to answer but you were having trouble breathing, eventually you collapsed onto the floor in pain still holding your chest. All you heard was the teacher telling a student to call an ambulance, and Peter yelling your name until you blacked out.

Peter's POV

I feel terrible for yelling at Y/N, but i had to get her to avoid me at all cost. The Vulture and i were fighting and he pulled my mask off when he pinned me down. He swore that he would kill everyone i loved if i kept meddling in his weapon deals, which meant that Y/N was in danger if she was seen near me. I was talking with Ned until i saw Y/N looking at us in the corner of my eye, all i wanted to do was turn around and say "I'm sorry" but I didn't.

The teacher was doing her lesson but I didn't pay attention that much, i already knew the lesson and my mind was just focused on the Vulture and his next deal.

"Ms. Y/L/N are you alright?" I heard the teacher asked. I looked up from my book and turned to see Y/N holding her chest in pain, i saw a tear slip down her cheek. She tried to speak but she couldn't, she was taking short breathes and suddenly she collapsed onto the ground. The teacher immediately ran to her and told someone to call an ambulance. When realization hit me all i did was yell Y/N's name as i ran to her.

The ambulance came and they put her on a gurney to carry her out, they asked if anyone was willing to go with her and I immediately told them i would. The ride to the hospital was hell, i was all alone with Y/N in the back. The view of her unconscious body made me worry so much, I don't know what happened but i knew it was my fault.

I couldn't hold my tears back anymore, i let them out while i hold Y/N's hand. We got to the hospital and the doctors immediately went to her aid, i tried to go with her but a nurse pulled me away and told me that i had to wait in the waiting room.

The hour that i had to wait was hell for me, i constantly paced the floor in worry, wondering if
Y/N is okay. A nurse came out and called for any of Y/N's family members but they were all out of the country for business. I walked up and told her that her family was out and i was the step in. She gave me a questioning look but continued the conversation anyway.

"Alright, we checked her and the doctor had diagnosed Y/N with broken heart syndrome." She said like she was expecting me to know what it was.

"Uh- what's broken heart syndrome exactly?" I ask a little bit nervous.

     "Broken heart syndrome is a condition where the patient has experienced an emotionally stressful event, in extreme cases her heart strings could have broken and she would have heart failure. Luckily, that didn't happen, she'll be fine but we want to keep her here for a a few days to monitor her." The nurse explains.

     "Can i see her?" I ask her, she thinks for a few seconds but then nods and signals me to follow her. I walked down the hallway, seeing some people unconscious in gurneys with their family members crying besides them, some celebrating the survival of a loved one. Some people can have the best moments of their lives while others are having the worst.

     "Excuse me sir..." i broke out of my thoughts and looked at the nurse, she pointed to a room telling me that's where i was going. I took a deep breath and walked in, i saw Y/N sitting on the gurney asleep. Even with her hair messed up, she still looked like the most beautiful girl in the world. I walked to her and sat on a chair that was next to her bed.

     She started to cry, at first i thought she was awake but her eyes were still shut, she's probably having a nightmare.

     "P-Peter..." she cried, i looked at her confused, is she dreaming about me?

"Don't leave Peter, p-please! Don't leave m-me!" Y/N begged. I held Y/N's hand and kissed her forehead which seemed to calm her down a bit.

"I'm so sorry Y/N, if I didn't push you away you wouldn't be here. I tried to protect you but i ended up hurting you anyway..." I gave her hand a little squeeze.

"If I wasn't an idiot we would still be best friends... maybe i would have enough courage to ask you out. I've been in love with you since the moment i saw you, and i wonder if you feel the same way about me." I closed my eyes letting a few tears slip, i let the guilt overcome me. But then i heard an angelic voice speak.

     "I do feel the same way Peter." Y/N spoke, her voice slightly groggy from being unconscious for so long. I smiled and gave her a hug trying my best not to hurt her. I was so happy from her waling up that i forgot what she said, but it hit me eventually.

     "W-wait you love me? And not in the best friend way?" I ask a little nervous. Y/N gave me a smirk and grabbed my shirt to pull me in for a kiss. Kissing her felt like i was in a dream, a dream that I didn't want to end.

     I placed my hands on her waist while she put her arms around my neck. Our kiss was full of passion and we would have kissed longer but we had to break away for air. We pulled away and i stared into her E/C eyes, there so beautiful i could get lost in them forever. She smiled and gave me a light peck and said...

     "Does that answer your question?"

A/N: I am so sorry I haven't posted an imagine in a while! But i have some more coming soon!

Please: Like, Comment, and Share! ♥️

See all you dear readers in the next imagine!~