Chapter 3

Deadlox's POV

I ran down the 'PonyVille' path way with Scootaloo riding her scooter along my side. Her cute little wings buzzed, but didn't get her off the ground.

We reached a larger building than the houses we would see. It had a hanging sign reading Sugar Cube Corner.

Opening the door, everything just smelt so delicious. Cupcakes, Cake, Doughnuts, Cookies and any sweet you could imagine sat in a long glass desk.

The sign by the cash register said 'Baking Cupcakes Be right back!'

Scootaloo put her scooter on the wall outside and walked behind the desk into the kitchen. I followed her and saw a overly pink pony mixing eggs and flour together. There was also a dark brown pony putting some cupcakes into the oven. He was very fuzzy... Fuzzier than all the ponies I've seen here.

He reached over and grabbed the cupcake mix, and I saw a small Diamond Axe on his Flank.

"Jerome?" He looked up and smiled.

"Ty??" He rushed over and gave me a hug. He was clearly used to being in a pony body, because her sat up and walked with no problem!

"How did you get here?" I asked him.

"I was making a cake for your birthday and then I just proofed outside of this place!" He said.

The pink pony popped in between us.

"BIRTHDAY??!!"

She squealed.

"THAT MEANS A PARRRTTAAAAYY!"

She bounced around and turned her cupcake mix into a cake. She quickly shoved it in the oven, turned the knob, set her cake timer, and then all was quiet except for the ticking of her cake timer.

"Wha-"

"SHHH"

Did she just shush me??

There was silence and then the timer went off and she took the cake out of the oven.

That was VERY fast.

She iced that baby up and then plopped it right in front of me.

"Happy birthday!" She giggled.

I looked around as she put a candle in it. Jerome eyed the cake, and wiggled from excitement. Scootaloo satires at me, wanting to see every detail of me blowing out the candles.

Then that pink pony seemed to look into my soul!

"Pinkie!" Jerome whispered.

She backed away a few feet and waited for me to blow out the candles.

I don't know what to say!

I took a breath and blew out the 2 candles. As I did Pinkie threw small colorful paper into the air and shoved a party hat onto my head.

She cut the cake and gave everyone a piece. It was vanilla with chocolate filling and fudge icing.

"This cake is delicious!" I blurted out.

It is!

Everyone looked pleased as they finished their treat. Soon after, we all walked through the door. Me, Scootaloo, and Jerome waved Pinkie goodbye and we went off over in another direction.

"Let's go see Sweetie Belle!" Scootaloo cheered.

We all made our way to a small building, it was rounded.

"This building is so round, that it's pretty fun to ride a scooter around it! But one time I smashed through the window. No pony will let that go!"

Scootaloo knocked and opened the door. There was a beautiful white mare lacing a dress together.

"Hi Scootaloo! Sweetie Belle is upstairs!" She called.

She ran upstairs, we just kinda stood there. She turned around and looked at us strangely through her red reading glasses.

"What may you fine gentlecolt's names be?"

"I'm Deadlox, this is Jerome." I told her.

She nodded. "My name is Rarity, nice to meet you." She turned around and used her horn to pick up a thread needle from across the room.

Scootaloo ran down the stairs with a small white pony with pink and purple curly hair. She is a unicorn, just like Rarity and Twilight. Why are so many ponies unicorns?

Sweetie Bell stared at Jerome. "You're so fluffy!"

Scootaloo looked at me. I gave her a stupid look.

She giggled and wondered to Sweetie Bell.

"Let's get Apple Bloom! So the Cutie Mark Crusaders will all be together!"

Speaking of cutie marks, Jerome has one. It's a 'Betty' or Diamond Axe. Why don't I have a 'Cutie Mark'?