Chapter 20

The entire pack house was a cacophony of noise and excitement. The warm energy buzzed around the room in anticipation. It was contagious, that was for sure. Everyone was muttering quietly to people they had never spoken to before. I was wearing a golden dress, with silver, floral patterns etched within it. It was almost Greek like in style, long and loose, exposing all my back and arms.

"You don't think it's too much do you?" I turned to Swan who was wearing a short, black dress.

"Skadie. You look perfect. Quite wining, you're not going out there half naked." She sighed, slightly irritated with my lack of self confidence when it came down to wearing dresses.

"Okay. Let's do this." We walked out the room together, where Fennric nearly slammed into us.

"Watch out." Swan said.

He was wearing a black suit, with a deep, midnight blue shirt beneath it.

"Wow... You look beautiful Skadie." He said after looking me up and down.

I shifted so my hands were on my hips. "Well...you don't look that bad yourself. A bit rough around the edges, but hey, not everyone can be perfect."

"Oh, so that's how it's gonna be?" He replied, cocking an eyebrow.

"Oh yeah," I turned to Swan. "Let's get this over with."

I entered the great hall, walking to the very end of it and standing at the podium. Everyone fell silent with anticipation. That's when Jackdaw entered, she was wearing an emerald green, flowing dress, the traditional colour that an beta wore during ceremonies. She confidently walked towards me, dipping her head in respect, before kneeling before me.

"I, Jackdaw Wilverine, offer myself up in service to my alpha and my pack. I swear to respect you, and aid you with your reign over the pack."

"And I, Skadie Ravenrose, accept you, Jackdaw Wilverine as my beta. And so, by the moon goddess' powers, I announce you the new beta of my pack." I raised my head and howled.

A chorus of every other wolf in the room joined me, creating a beautiful choir.

I knew that one day my father and Chloe would try again, and I knew that when that day came I would have to fight again. The future will be filled with death and betrayal. But for one in my life, everything felt right.

                                                                                      THE END