Chapter 13

I made my way down the long winding corridors, searching for the infirmary. I couldn't deny that I had missed my time working there during my week long stay at Fennric's pack house. Training was getting boring, most of the other wolves didn't change there techniques often enough to make it fun, they always went for the same attack every time. And I hadn't got the chance to train with Jackdaw or Fennric, as they were both too busy training recently graduated juvenile pups for combat. Whereas I had been focusing on the weapons class with the more experienced wolves. Chloe had become more withdrawn recently, not leaving me with many options. So, I decided to take a trip down to the ward to see whether Swan or Mum needed any help with the patients or making medicine. I tapped gently on the door. There was no reply.

"Swan? Mum?" I called out softly.

Again, no reply.

I tried the door handle, it swung open, the hinges creaking. I stepped into the room, only to find it empty. That's strange, I thought to myself. I preseumed that they might be checking out a wounded trainee or collecting herbs. Checked both places, and yet again found nothing. This was getting weird.

I made my way back down the corridor, going to check their rooms. I wasn't paying any attention as I was too preoccupied with my own thoughts, so I practically ran into Fennric, just stopping at the last second.

"Whoops." I said, as I nearly toppled over from my near colision.

"Morning." He said.

"Morning." I replied, absentmindedly.

"What's wrong?" He asked, sensing the tension rising between us.

"Have you seen Jackdaw or my Mum? I can't find them anywhere."

"No. That's strange now you mention it, I can't find Marcus either." He replied.

"Hmm. That's strange."

Jackdaw came walking down the corridor, entering from the side Fennric was stood at.

"Hi Jackdaw." I said, noticing the mud coating her boots, a pair I'd never seen her wear before. She was coated in a thick layer of sweat, but she'd taken the day of training today, so she must have gone for a run.

"Skadie. Fennric," She greeted us both. "Have you seen Swan, I can't find her anywhere?" She asked.

"Neither can we." I replied.

We went to check in her room, but the sight that awaited was equally shocking and horrifying.

————————

Hi my lovely followers. Sorry for the long wait. I hope you like this chapter. XD