Superior Officer

"Jazz, what pray tell am I supposed to do with this?" Prowl asked the smirking bot standing in front of his desk, holding a bright yellow bitlit out to him.

"Its a baby Prowl, you hold it," Jazz replied, setting Bumblebee on his commanding officer's desk. Bee looked up at Prowl and started sucking on his servo. This looked like another grumpy bot. He had pointy thing on his head just like the other one had. Maybe all grumpy bots had silly pointy things on their foreheads.

"Look mech, I just need someone to watch him for a couple of clicks while I do a few things in the office. You haven't had a brake all day. Just give him some energon and put em down for a nap. It'll be easy." Jazz promised as Prowl hesitantly took bumble be into his servos. He held the baby out at arms length as he watched Jazz leave.

"Oh, and one more thing," Jazz paused in the doorway, "his designation is Bumblebee."

Prowl survived the bitlit in his hands. His battle computer automatically assessed the threat level. As it sat, the bitlit was a point five threat to him. But to itself.....yikes. Intuition told him that it would be most prudent to follow Jazz's instruction. By some miracle, or purely the fact that be was hungry enough, Prowl managed to give him three fourths of a cube. And then some gentle persuasion got Bumblebee to recharge. Prowl pulled out one of his desk drawers and lined it with the bitlit blanket that was in the bag, before gently placing the slumbering bitlit within. He returned to his work with a self satisfied smirk. This was easy. Or so he thought.

"Why- won't- you- stop- crying?" Prowl demanded through grit denta. Ever since Bumblebee had woken up, he had ben wailing. He wasn't hungry, he wasn't hurt, he had a full charge, his filters were clean, so why wouldn't he stop? Shouldn't Jazz be back by now? It had been far longer than the 'few clicks' he was promised. He was going to assign Jazz sanitation duties for a vorn- if he survived the thrashing he had planed first.

"As a superior officer, I ORDER you to cease this incessant wailing!" Prowl commanded in his most authoritative tone. But if anything it only made Bee cry louder. Lubricant streamed down the little bots face as he voiced his discomfort.

Bumblebee was upset. He was done being outside, he wanted to go home. He wanted his blocks and he wanted ratchet. Not Prowl.

"For the love of primus sparkling STOP CRYING!" with this final outburst, the sirens and emergency lights on his back went off. Prowl stopped abruptly. He hadn't been that out of control of himself in a very long time. At the sudden beeps and flashing lights, Bumblebee stopped crying. That gave the strategist an idea.

"You like that huh?" he asked, and flashed his lights again. His siren gave a loud cry, and Bumblebee started to giggle. What was he crying about? Prowl continually ran his lights and siren until bee had thoroughly calmed down. It was then that Jazz returned to his office.

"Hey ya mech, Ratchet just called me, sayin' something about how he was finished movin' the medbay back to the ship and was ready to take be back an' get him settled." Prowl allowed himself a small internal sigh of relief.

"Hope he wasn't too much trouble for ya," Jazz said as he scooped up Bee's things.

"Everything went- smoothly," stated Prowl, his natural tone masking any emotion. Secretly, he did enjoy Bumblebee. It had been a while since he had made anyone smile. He lifted up Bumblebee to eye level. But before he could hand the baby back to Jazz, teeny tiny yellow servos touched his face. He stared into bright baby optics. Then Bumblebee gave him the biggest, cheekiest baby grin. Prowl could feel his spark melt to a puddle of goo in his chest cavity.

"Buh buh!" baby Bumblebee shouted as Jazz left the room. Alone at last, prowel allowed himself a smile. Kids, he mused, so easy to entertain. Jazz captured the moment and saved it to his files. He knew he installed those secret cameras in Prowls office for a reason.