Chapter #12: Hugs!

The morning continued like the one before except with less insults, less comebacks, and less yelling. It seemed nice but I know it won't last that long so I'll enjoy it while it lasts.

We left home, I mean the Candle's home, then I dropped off Claire, then Simothey and Shelley.

Finally we were at our school. I parked and ran to give Kile a hug because he wanted to avoid my hug but I got him this time.

Canyon got out of the car and I couldn't hold myself.

"Why are you leaving in this area? Don't you want me to take you in the senior area?"

"I just need to do some stuff before leaving..." he swiftly commented outside the car.

I proceeded to grab my stuff and I was about to leave when Canyon said something unexpected.

"What about my hug?" He solemnly said.

I was surprised by this and I was just stunned.

"Um uh okay." I calmly responded back.

I hugged him and he actually hugged this time. He just stood the first time I hugged him that morning although this time he wasn't letting go. I mean the hug was warm and comfortable but I tried to loosen up my grip so he can know I needed to leave but he didn't move an inch, not even a centimeter.

"Um Canyon I kind of need to leave..." I tried to tell him through his hoodie.

My face was buried in his hoodie. He smelled really good. Like cereal and cookies. I don't know how but that's how he smelled.

I feel trickling on my head. Is it raining? No. It was going to be cloudy but it wasn't going to rain. Oh no.

I look up to see my buddy's eyes closed with tears in his eyes.

"We should get ice cream later it seems like you need it, more than I do." I whispered looking down now.

Still in a hug.

This is my first hug that has lasted this long. Quite frankly I haven't felt this calm ever since my father past away.

"I'll see you later Ca-Stan." He whispered then left.

Wait. What just happened?

That was so so weird.

I'm going to class.

Is he going to ditch? No.
I trust him, right? I mean of coarse I trust him but I'll just make sure before the bell rings to go to class.

<Strong Mario_Stan>
_Hey you okay?

<Smelly Bean>
_Yeah. Don't worry I'll see ya at lunch
_I need to have someone's stash ;)

Okay so he won't ditch. That's a relief, wait he isn't going to have my stash this time.

I might give him some though 'cause it seems he's having a rough day.

<Strong Mario_Stan>
_Okay I'll see you later. :)
_Till then my friend!

<Smelly Bean>
_Calm down weirdo...
_Later :)

*Bell rings*

Welp, to class I go.

~~~~~~~~