Chapter 17.

I put the glass down going to the radio turning it on. I light the red candles on sitting on the couch sipping the wine glass.
I was wearing a red, short night dress, with my hair down curled.
I heard the doorbell ring and I went to get it knowing exactly who it was.

I wasnt so surprised when I opened the door.

"Steve?"
I asked

"Hey."
He said

"Wow. You're really put up for tonight. Going somewhere?"
He asked

"I dont.. think you should be here."
I said

"I wanna talk about the other night"
He said.

I looked at him and then down.

"I know you probably dont. You already hate me. I tried making it up by telling Kells the truth, and now he hates me"
He said

"Look, I appreciate what you did. I really do. You fixed everything between me and him. There's nothing more for you to do"
I said

"Dani.. I just wanna apologize at least"
He said.

I looked at him then away opening the door more so he could come in.

He walked in and I lead him to the livingroom so we could sit down.

"You were expecting someone?"
He asked as he saw all the candles and wine.

"Yeah. Guess you could say that"
I said

"Alright. So, I dont want things to be weird between us. Im so, sorry for attacking you like that at the party. I should've known better not to think like that"
He said.

I was quiet looking down.

"It's okay."
I said

"Was it true..?"
I asked

"What?"
He asked

"What you said. While-.. you know"
I said

"Oh.. That"
He said

"I've always liked you. But I didnt know I'd go that far"
He said looking away ashamed.

"But like I said. Im sorry. I was drunk. I cant undo it but all I can do is try to fix what I destroyed and apologise"
He said

I looked away sort of insecure as he slowly reached his hand at me. He swiped my hair away from my face looking at me.

"I was hoping there was a way for me to make it up for you.."
He said.

Panic started to rise my body so I slowly took his hand off me letting go.

"I think it's better if you go now. Kells will be here in just minutes"
I said getting up and so did he.

He started to walk towards the door so I lead him there.

"See you at school"
He said looking at me then turning away out the door walking away. I closed the door just looking at it then pressing my forehead against it.
I went back to the couch sitting down and looking at the wine glass on the table. I took a sip of it then hearing someone knock on the door.