Chapter 7 - Mock Battle

Start from the beginning

His anger was getting the best of him and he accepted the bet, but you could see on his face that his rank had gone to his head, and that he was getting cocky. Smiling, angrily, the whole time he pulled out a wooden sword, to which I said to him, "If you don't use a real sword then how am I supposed to believe that you are as good as you say you are?"

"The testers are supposed to use a wooden sword....but hey...if you really wanna die that bad then I will just comply with your wishes...HEY SERENE!! YOU HEARD THE BRAT RIGHT, HE WANTS ME TO USE A REAL SWORD, SO MAKE SURE YOU WRITE DOWN THAT YOU WERE AN OFFICIAL WITNESS TO THIS!!" (Vall)

After he spoke I heard the receptionist-san scramble a little then reply, "Y-y-yes, I hereby witness the challenge between Vall Bren, and Sora Takahashi! I am also a witness to the bet between the two challengers, and will make sure that the loser will follow through should the winner be decided!"

With that Vall and I took our positions, him with a real sword now, and me with my sword tied into the sheathe. After all, even though I will cripple him, I don't necessarily want to kill him...after all, his death might end up causing me some problems with my registration.

After a few seconds passed by, I heard a bell ring off to the side, and took that as the starting bell. Deciding to hold back a little, it took me about 3 seconds to close the distance between us.

Swinging my sword down, he looked at me with his eyes wide from surprise.

0.5 seconds before I make contact with his head....0.3 seconds, if he doesn't block then I will have to cease my strike cause it might kill him....0.1 seconds, he won't make it in time...

Right before the sheathe made contact with his head, I spun, pulling the sword from its position and lowering my stance so it was at knee level.

Slightly quicker than my first strike thanks to the momentum, I struck both his kneecaps. An audible crack could be heard from his legs, and I could tell that if he could ever walk again, then it won't be quick, and he won't be able to run anymore.

After striking his second knee I turned backwards, and kicked my leg out slamming it into his stomach. With that he went flying into the wall, with his body folding into itself (like this >).

[CRASH~]

After the dust settled, and everyone in the facility regained their senses. They looked to where I was standing then to where Vall was embedded into the wall.

[Silence~~~]

"....Eh?" (Serene)

Hanging the sword and sheath back to my waist, I walked back to Serene-san the receptionist.

"So this means that both Sana and I have passed the registration test right? That WAS part of the contents of the bet Vall agreed to..." (Sora)

"Sora...Strong~" (Sana)

I smiled at Sana, however I am still curious as to why she is becoming more taciturn as time passes, the day we met, she actually talked quite a bit...maybe she is still nervous about leaving the cabin after so many years. Hopefully she will get better eventually. However, this reserved and quiet side of her is pretty cute as well. Then again, I suppose it's fine, since there are still times when she speaks in long sentences.

"Eh...well...yes...I suppose that was agreed upon during the bet, but I will still need to see a demonstration of her power so I can accurately rank her." Said Serene a little stiff after what just happened, but in her eyes you could see that she was happy that Vall finally got his ass kicked. He must have caused a lot of problems for the Guild in the past.

"Ok Sana can you go ahead and demonstrate some of your magical abilities? Then after that we can go to the Inn, get some lunch, and do some sightseeing while our test results are processed." (Sora)

Sana nodded and she casted some high-level wind magic causing Serene, Sana, and I to begin floating up in the air. Afterwards she cast and Intermediate-Level Fire Magic spell 'Magma Ball' as well as the Intermediate-Level Water Magic spell 'Vortex Shield'.

Serene wrote something down as she watched Sana cast her magic, probably taking note that Sana is able to cast Intermediate, and High-Level magic.

After Serene was finished taking notes, and informing us to come back after an hour or two, Sana and I left the Adventurers' Guild and returned to our Inn, to get some Lunch.

***********************************************************************

Spells:

(Temporary Name) - Uplift: High-Level Wind Magic. Allows the caster to lift themselves high into the air letting themselves fly through the sky or, with training, lift a small group of people through the air.

Magma Ball: Intermediate-Level Fire Magic. Shoots a ball of magma, the caster can control the direction that the spell flies to, with their will.

Vortex Shield: Intermediate-Level Water Magic. Creates a Vortex of water covering the caster up to a 10 meter Radius.