✧ Prologue ✧

It really is over, huh?

     Fighting off something as vague as ᴅᴇsᴘᴀɪʀ really was more than anyone could expect. I mean, an army of robot bears, controlled by murderous, but somehow, misunderstood children... No one saw that coming. Regardless of the fact, in the end, ʜᴏᴘᴇ came through and defeated the work that the mastermind, Junko Enoshima, left behind to Monaca and the Warriors of ʜᴏᴘᴇ.

     Even after all of this was done, it seemed hardly still. My brother became trapped in yet another killing game. What was I to do? Makoto did make a promise to rescue me when it was safe to leave Towa City, but how could he when it was like ᴅᴇsᴘᴀɪʀ was never ending? Could something as corrupt as ᴅᴇsᴘᴀɪʀ even end? He and I knew well that the answer was no... But we carried on, despite the risk that we would be consumed by it.

     Makoto thankfully survived the killing game alongside his friends, Kyoko and Aoi, while I remained in Towa, cleansing it of the last Monokumas. Not alone, of course. With my trusty Hacking Gun and best friend, Touko Fukawa (as well as her not so 'best-friendly' other half...), getting rid of these pests was a breeze.

     As ᴅᴇsᴘᴀɪʀ fades away into the wind like the many cruel memories tied with it, ʜᴏᴘᴇ makes its way into view. Touko and I await the moment that Makoto and the rest of Future Foundation appear to bring us back home... Is it truly that easy?

Author's Notes:

Any chapter that has the "✧" annotation in the title is from Komaru Naegi's point of view. Any chapter that has the "♡" annotation in the title is from Touko Fukawa's point of view. I hope you enjoy reading this fanfic just as much as I enjoy it!
—Toki-Toki ♡