First Date Part I - Chapter 3

Some of you know that I lost my cat, Olorin, at the beginning of this year. He'll be sorely missed. Recently, a friend's cat had kittens, so it seemed like the right time to add someone to the family. This new little girl loves to walk all over my laptop, so I'm blaming her for any typos. She's the newest Supergirl fanfic writer. Please enjoy the picture above and the long chapter below. Thanks for your patience.

<><><><><><>

Alex rushed around her apartment preparing for her date. As she finished drying her hair, she tossed the towel onto the bed and grabbed the light-blue checkered shirt out of her closet, pulling it on and buttoning the sleeves. She clumsily buttoned the shirt front with one hand while she pulled jeans off a hanger. She pulled on the jeans, tucking in her shirt and closing the pants, then went through the ties before picking out a dark gray one. She was tying it around her neck when her phone rang.

"Fuck. How late am I?" She grabbed the phone, breathing a sigh of relief as she answered and put it on speaker, tossing it on her bed. "Hey, Kara. What do you need? I'm kind of in a hurry."

"I need your help!" There was a hint of panic in Kara's voice.

Tie looped twice around itself in preparation for tying, Alex froze and turned her back on her reflection. "What's wrong?"

"I can't decide what to wear for my date."

"Jesus fucking Christ," Alex muttered as she turned back around and finished tying her tie. "Kara, that is not an emergency!"

"It's a fashion emergency!"

"Then call your boss! You work for a fucking fashion magazine."

"Alex, please!"

With a heavy sigh, Alex tugged the gray blazer free from the hanger in her closet. "Do quick changes and send me pictures."

"Yeah!"

Dropping the blazer on her bed and tossing the towel over the bedpost to dry, Alex grabbed a pair of socks and sat on the mattress, pulling them on. She was tying her shoelaces as pictures started to appear on her phone.

"Okay, look at those and let me know what you think. I have more clothes if none of those work."

"Where are you going tonight?"

"Out."

"Well, I should hope so. A first date is not a good choice to stay in. Where are you two going on your date?"

"Well, we're going out to eat and—"

"You already ate, right?"

"No."

"Kara," Alex said with a note of warning in her voice, "you always need to eat before you go out to eat. You know how you get."

"I know, Alex, but this is different. She says she has a huge appetite."

"A huge human appetite."

"I know. I know, but we've been talking about food a lot. She's a big foodie, and she promised me she has a huge appetite. She says she usually grabs something to eat before she goes out to eat."

"Huh." Brows furrowed, Alex asked, "And she's human?"

"Born and bred fairly local unless she just isn't ready to reveal that yet. It doesn't matter either way. We both said we'd bring our appetites, and she promised me I wouldn't be sorry. I think it may be a buffet or something."