The Great Gatsby

If you want to make it seem that you have read it, just remember, Gatsby turned all right in the end, it is what prayed on Gatsby, what foul dust trailed in the wake of his dreams.

Also, that everyone is this book is a horrible, horrible person.

This starts with a love story, ends with the terrible lesson of EVERYONE IN THIS WORLD IS EVIL. YOUR YARD IS EVIL. YOUR NEIGHBOR WITH A BILLON DOLLAR NET WORTH IS EVIL REALLY. NO ONE WILL BE HERE WITH YOU WHEN YOU DIE BECAUSE THIS SOCIETY IS DRIVEN BY GREED AND MONEY. NEW YORK SUCKS AND AMERICAN DREAM IS A LIE. No, seriously, if you have a test, you only need to remember the American Dream, it's important. The Jazz Age is corrupted. F. Scott Fitzgerald is trying to fight off alcoholism.

Basically shiny boy Nick Carraway gets a summer of How I Third-Wheeled, An Autobiography treatment, and somehow ends up being super judgmental despite him constantly saying no. It's as if this whole book is about how socio-economic ladder and gender roles shape our society and thus the lives of each individuals that live in it.

Don't let this book's premise fool you. Your high school teacher is lying. Everyone is gay in this novel. Except for Tom, because he is a human garbage and is therefore not counted.

The green light is the Facebook green dot that you stares at your crush all day.

The bottom line: Really, he is more than an average Gatsby.