When One Of Us Puts Down the Gun

Start from the beginning

She wasn't really my type. I just wanted to irritate Selena. It was working. I sat down and listened as everyone got caught up and gushed about how wonderful the ranch was. I noticed Shane and Taylor were chatting up a storm and I smiled. She was definitely his type.

"We should head upstairs and get ready for tonight." Selena said to the group of women. "I'd hate to keep Demi waiting." She added as she glanced over her shoulder at me and bit her bottom lip. I watched her hips sway the entire way up the stairs.

They returned about an hour later. I almost forgot how to breathe when I saw her. Three words. little black dress. And I mean little. I have never seen such a beautiful sight. Sweet Jesus. She moved like a cat.

"What's the matter?" She whispered into my ear. "Cat got your tongue?" She asked.

"Maybe later." I said with a smirk, causing her to blush.

I could tell my comment annoyed her. "Highly unlikely."

"You sure you should be leaving dressed like that?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"I'm fine." She says. "You don't own me."

"Not yet." I say licking my lips.

"Wow." I hear Taylor say. "This is good. I'm gonna go make some popcorn or something." She said laughing.

"You're annoying." Selena grumbled at me.

"You started it sweetheart." I answered. "You ladies ready?" I asked.

"Yes!" They all said in unison.

I wrapped my arms around Taylor and Dianna resting my hands on each girls hips as we walked toward the door. I turned around and looked back at Selena.

"You coming?" I asked.

The entire drive into town was hilarious. Selena scowled at me the entire time. If I didn't know better, she was jealous. It made no sense of her to get jealous because of me. I knew she didn't really care for my cocky overly suggestive remarks. She preferred when I was more open and vulnerable. All I needed to do to push her away, was be Demi the rockstar. The only problem with it was sometimes, I could tell it got her worked up.

I know that there's more to her than what I look at everyday. I've managed to have a few conversations with her that didn't end with us angry or groping each other. She has a beautiful soul. She's so gentle and trusts easy. I pretended to listen while Ashley talked to me about how much she loved my band. I looked over at Selena and she gave me a knowing smile. She knew I wasn't listening to the girl.

We pulled up to the club and before we went inside, Selena grabbed my hand and pulled me close so she could whisper into my ear.

"Let's have fun." She said. "Truce." She added offering me her hand.

I took it agreed. "Ok." I smiled.

Once we were inside, I immediately lost myself in the crowd. People wanting to dance, take pictures with me, and buy me drinks. It was ridiculous. I was grateful when Taylor finally saved me.

"Let's dance." She yelled over the music.

"Good idea." I said taking her hand.

She was taller but she wrapped her arms around my neck anyway. She smiled warmly.

"What's your deal?" She asked.

"My deal?" I questioned right back.

"This thing with you and Sel. It's not very subtle." She said raising an eyebrow.

"That's the million dollar question now isn't it." I said clicking my tongue.

"Have you guys fucked?" She asked very bluntly.