Chapter 3

Takuma wanted to make sure it was safe and sound before he left for his mercenary job, so he placed it in a hidden compartment in Tsuzuki's closet which for a reason he doesn't know why he decided to hide it there. Opening the closet, he saw an array of black and gray suits. Walking past those, he saw a dozen of the same ties.

Why does that man need so many of the same ties? Takuma questioned in his head.

Tsuzuki's closet had 3 layers which is 2 layers too much. Passing the ties, Takuma glanced at the next clothing and paused in his step. The rest of the clothing was his or they were his because he was in a different body now.

Ignoring the clothing, Takuma focused on the safe hidden in the back behind all the clothes. There were a screen and a keypad where he had to enter the passcode which he set up as Tsuzuki's birthday.

Entering 0602, The screen flashed red indicating it was wrong. He clearly remembered that the passcode was June 2nd. Thinking again, he hesitantly put in his own birthday which was May 5th. The screen flashed green and a click sounded out.

He opened the safe to see it was empty which didn't surprise Takuma and he closed the safe and entered the passcode again which flashed green again. Opening the safe again, he saw a gun on one side and a few important documents which he ignored because the watch that Tsuzuki gave him was all he wanted. Sadly, it was nowhere to be found.

Closing the safe and leaving the room, Takuma went into deep thought. While he did the laundry, all he could think about was what happened the watch. The only possible thing was that Tsuzuki took it but for what reason he did not know.

Did he already find out about my death?

Unbeknownst to him, Tsuzuki was in America clutching the diamond watch in his hand. His subordinates shown him Takuma's body which already started to rot. There was an obvious gaping hole in the center of his chest where a bullet pierced through his heart.

When Hanamura and Jin glanced at their boss, they shivered in fear because there was an indifferent expression on his face, but his eyes told a different story. They were black full of anger, hatred, and a hint of sadness.

Unexpected to them all, Tsuzuki knelt down on one leg and held Takuma's cold hand and put on the watch around the bony wrist. Hanamura looked at the scene and felt his boss' heartache. He remembered that the boss purposely ordered two watches to be custom made. The other man was so ecstatic to receive the gift and Tsuzuki 's face was filled with warmth.

It was the first time the boss had such an expression on his face ever since he became his secretary 7 years ago.

"Find the one responsible for this," Tsuzuki 's cold voice echoed in the room.

Hanamura nodded and bowed to him while he pulled the rest of the crowd out of the room. When it was only Tsuzuki alone with Takuma's cold body, he looked at the other man's body and remembered the first time they met.

It was 2 years ago when Tsuzuki and Takuma meet. Tsuzuki was having a meeting in a cafe with one of his new business partners who wanted him to meet his daughter for a potential wife. He still had some use of the other man, so he still had some patience or else the man would already be on the floor bleeding to death. The man showed him a photo of his daughter who was rather plain looking, and she wasn't anything special. He had met a couple of supermodels who also wanted to marry him for his wealth, but none caught his eye.

Suddenly, a bullet instantly smashed through the window and hit the man square in the side of his head. It was a shock to everyone in the café. Tsuzuki's eyes widened in surprise and his bodyguard was pulling him to the ground. Hanamura had his phone next to his ear screaming for support. Tsuzuki turned his head towards the window where the bullet came from. There was no one in plain sight but looking further, he was able to see a figure with piercing eyes.

The figure disappeared quickly, and he looked at his business partner's bleeding body.

"Let's go," Tsuzuki's indifference for the other man was astonishing to the customers, but they had no time to observe the situation as they evacuated.

Returning to his nightclub, Vision, he ordered his secretary to find the culprit who killed his business partner because he would lose a lot of profit from his death. Within two hours, Hanamura came back with a manila file.

Flipping it open, a photo of a slim figure in a black suit was presented to him. The man was slightly looking at the side while pulling off his black gloves with his teeth. His hand was starting to reveal parts of his tattoo. His neck also had one peeking out of his turtle-neck. The most attractive thing was his piercing eyes that were slightly covered by his fluffy black hair.

Taking the picture out, he continued to look at the rest of his profile.

Name: Kaito Takuma

Age: 23 years old

Job: Mercenary

Family: Unknown

Likes: Unknown

Dislikes: Unknown

Relationship: Unknown

Tsuzuki raised his eyebrow at his secretary who is known as a perfectionist. It was rare that his file was incomplete. Hanamura felt his boss' eyes on him and he began sweating.

"Apologies Tsuzuki-sama, there was no information about the man other than the basic things. The mercenary has a very private life. He doesn't have a contract with any big company, he's a freelancer who accepts jobs randomly. When he completes a job, he disappears the next day. Apparently, his task was to kill your business partner because Andrei requested it."

Hearing the Russian mobster's name, Andrei made Tsuzuki's eyebrow twitch in annoyance. That man always interfered with his business as an arms dealer by getting rid of his business partners.

Revenge is going to be sweet.

Looking at his boss' smile, Hanamura pitied the mercenary who accepted the task from Andrei.

On the other hand, Takuma was in the middle of a conversation with a Russian.

"Kaito-kun, I have another task for you." The Russian had a heavy accent when speaking in Japanese.

"No. The agreement stated that I would do one deed for you. I expect my payment by tonight," Takuma firmly rejected the other and ended his call.

Takuma put the phone away and walked confidently into a small café. He heard the rushed steps of pursuers following him. Despite knowing that people were following him, he had no fear. He would usually leave the place of his crimes, but this time, he wanted to take a break. Tokyo was a beautiful city to stay in.

He took a seat in the center of the café. The men in black suits had no choice but to sit further away. Their boss ordered them to kidnap the man, but they couldn't leave any evidence behind. Their target sat calmly and sipped his coffee for half an hour before leaving. The men quickly tailed the man into an alleyway where their target paused to take out black gloves.

Takuma walked into a dark alleyway and put on his gloves before turning around to face four men in black. The men were faced with dark, dangerous eyes which made them feel fear similar to their boss' temperament.

Their hesitation lead to their downfall because Takuma didn't give them time to retaliate. He kicked one in the stomach making him fall on his knees. Two were punched in the face causing blood to run out of their noses. The last one had Takuma's hand around his neck holding him up from the ground.

"Who sent you?" Takuma had an idea of who it was, but he needed confirmation. The man in black refused to give up his boss' name and Takuma was shocked by his loyalty.

Usually, people would give up when threatened, but this man would not give in making him interested in who their boss was. Letting the man go, Takuma left the four men groaning in pain.

Tsuzuki stared at the four men in black kneeling in front of him as he heard their report as to what happened. He smirked after hearing about the mysterious mercenary who defeated four of his top men.

After dismissing his men, his secretary came in.

"Tsuzuki-sama, Takuma was seen in the Vision."

Hanamura's words shocked him. He didn't expect the man would enter his territory after killing one of his business partners.

"I'll go entertain him."