Later on that night Izuku was sitting in his window looking at the stars, he'd been wrapped in so many bandages that he look more like a mummy than a hero.

"Midoriya."

He didn't even need to turn around to know that it was his mentor in his true form. He knew this was coming sooner or later.

"Hello All Might."

"You know you're supposed to be in bed resting. You were nearly killed after all."

"Yeah but the skies are so clear tonight and I just...I don't know."

"You didn't know if you'd ever see them again."

"Y-Yeah, how'd you know?"

"I've had more than a few of those thoughts myself, it comes with being a hero."

"Oh..."

All Might sat on the bed with his back to Izuku and let out a sigh. It wasn't that he was mad at him or anything, but he took two big risks tonight and almost lost his life thanks to both.

"Midoriya, come here."

Izuku gulped as he got down from the windowsill and limped over to his bed.

"Y-Yes?"

"Do you have any idea about how much you messed up tonight?"

"Messed up? We did what we were supposed to d-"

"No you didn't!! You were supposed to call for a hero because villains like him can't be handled by the likes of you!!"

"We beat him before!!"

"And that was a fluke!!"

Izuku took a step back and stared at his mentor's back with eyes full of hurt.

"Y-You chose me to be your successor and here I am doing my best to make you proud, and THAT'S what you have to say to me?!"

"You're a student, at best a sidekick. You and your class aren't ready for the big leagues yet, tonight has definitely proven that."

"Y-You...just..."

"Because of your actions, you have been suspended indefinitely until we can decide your future at UA."

"That's not even fair!! All I did was utilize the teachings of everyone I've learned from and this is the thanks I get?!"

"Stop being childish it's not like you're alone in this. Everyone who assisted you and Tenya Iida has received the same punishment. You all unnecessarily risked your lives and endangered others due to the fact that you all thought you could handle it. It's not acceptable."

Izuku wanted to say more but settled for lowering his head and letting tears run down his cheeks.

All Might knew that this level of punishment was unnecessary but there wasn't anything he could do, he'd broken multiple rules and nearly gotten himself killed because of his reckless choice.

That's what made this next punishment so much harder.

"Furthermore, you and I won't be in contact while this suspension is active."

"What?!"

"And you won't use One For All during this time."

"You can't tell me not to use my own quirk!! That's not a rule!!"