Chapter 9 - It Has To Be Perfect

Start from the beginning

                I glared at her. She wasn't helping.

                "Sorry, I'll let you finish." she said, turning to the floor

                "We turn the corner, and there's another street. This one was nearly dead. It was like a ninety year old. It had a restaurant, and you can probably guess that's where we had dinner. So we sat down, and from then on, it got...it was like...I felt like...finally I had realised why I didn't really want to go on this date."

                "What do you mean?" Sian asked, raising an eyebrow

                "Alright, how do I explain this..."

                I sat and thought for a minute.

                "...The reason I fell in love with him-" I began before being interrupted

                "But how do you know your in love with him? You've only talked to him, what, six times in your life?" Sian pointed out

                "Alright, fine. The reason I started liking him was because he was...him. He wasn't famous, he was just this adorable, small town boy, that had a big dream. Now he's this celebrity with thousands of girls worshiping him at his feet. I've probably said this millions of times before, but I really wish it was 2009 again. I would kill to go back there. Being on that date reminded me that I didn't want what I was getting. I didn't want to have to hide from the press.  I don't want expensive designer bags, and to be treated to holidays somewhere in Spain. All I need is Niall and a guitar, in a meadow on the outskirts of Mullingar."

                "You would rather have Niall sing you 'One Time' by Justin Bieber, lying on a plaid picnic rug, laid out on a field on the outskirts of Mullingar, with the sight of the sun going down?" Sian asked

                "I didn't tell you I wanted half of those things! How did you know?!" I ask a little shocked that my sister could be telepathic.

                "Back when you were in high school, you used to say that in your sleep. Every night." Sian explained

                "I did?"

                "Yep. But I seriously get what you mean. You would rather have less over more, because to you, less is more, right?"

                I nodded

                "I know why your upset. I would be too." Sian said, rubbing my back

                "But I overreacted. I shouldn't of just stormed out. He's probably wondering why I did. I should've just  continued on with the date, get through it, you know? Then I wouldn't have to see him again. I just wouldn't call him back. But it was kind of hard to do that. I was dying in there. He mentioned Ireland, and school memories. He kept reminding me of what I wish I had."

                Sian sat and thought for a bit.

                "We could go out tonight. It'll take your mind off it." Sian suggested 

                I nodded and then headed for the kitchen to fix myself some cereal.

***

                I put on some skinny jeans, a shirt and a bow tie, just because. I borrowed a pair of black heels from Sian. I did my make up and returned to the living room to find Sian sitting on the couch.