6. Off to the Hamptons

Sunday evening Kate sat in her car on her way to the Castle's. The day before she asked her captain for a week off and he was totally fine with it. He was very surprised that Kate came to him and not the other way around, since she never does that.

Kate herself was kind of nervous. She wasn't on vacation since her mother died. Maybe a trip or two for a few days but not for a week. And the fact that she will be with Rick for a whole week made her even more nervous. She didn't know what it was but they definitely had something going on.

Aside from her nervousness she was looking forward to a week away. She was happy to finally relax and do nothing for a whole week. Of course she loved her job but a few days away from homicides didn't sound bad.
So all in all she was sure she would have a great time with Rick and his daughter.

The actual plan was that Kate would meet Castle and Alexis at their house in the Hamptons. But Alexis suggested that Kate could spent the night from Sunday to Monday so that they can have a fun roadtrip to their house at the beach.
The adults thought this was a pretty good idea and agreed.

So here she was on her way the their loft with a suitcase packed with all kinds of things.
It would be a good week.

—————

Half an hour later the three of them were seated on the couch, talking about the things that they could do.

"Well we are there for a whole week. So one day we could rent a boat and spent a day out on the water." Castle suggested.

"That's a great idea." Kate took a sip of her wine before she continued. "I actually never did something like that. Too expensive."

"You don't need to worry about that. I will take care of that." Castle assured her and she gave him a smile. She knew that she didn't need to argue, he would win anyway.

"I would like to meet with a friend on one day. She lives near our house and I haven't seen her in years." Alexis chimed in.

Bout adults agreed and Rick leaned to Kate to whisper something in her ear. "Then we have a day for ourselves." His husky voice made Kate shiver and she turned away blushing.

"I guess we can discuss the rest when we are there. We will spend most of the time at beach anyway." Castle says and got up. "We should go to sleep. We have to get up early tomorrow."

Kate and Alexis got up, too. "Yeah, you're right. Good Night. See you tomorrow." Alexis kissed their cheeks and walked into her room.

Kate and Rick were about to say good night to each other when suddenly the front door swung open, revealing another red head.

"Hello Richard." The woman looked up and noticed Kate. "Oh.. and.. Who is this stunning woman here?" She asked and Rick shook his head.

"Mother. What a nice surprise." Rick sighed and went to hug his mother.

"Rickard. Tell me. Who is she?" Martha pointed at Kate stood frozen next to the couch.

"That's Kate. Kate this is my mother, Martha."

Martha walked to Kate and hugged her. Kate was shocked. "Hello Darling. It's so wonderful to finally meet you. I have heard so much about you from my son and my granddaughter."

Kate finally found her voice. "Nice to meet you, too." She said and looked at Rick for help.

He saw the expression on Kate's face and talked again. "Mother it's lovely to see you. But what are you doing here?"

Martha turned around to look at her son. "Well. I had a small fight with Chad and thought I could stay here for the night. I will leave tomorrow morning but I had to get out for the night." She exclaimed.