3. Yes or No?

"Dinner was awesome. Thanks again." Kate said and bumped his shoulder.

They were walking down the sidewalk after having dinner at a nice restaurant that Castle picked.

"I really enjoyed it, too." Rick answered and took her hand in his. She looked up at him and smiled, squeezing his hand. "You wanna go the park?"

"Sure. But not too long. I have an early shift tomorrow." She replied and he immediately nodded, making his way to the park and pulling her with him.

They sat down on the swings and began talking about everything they could think about.

"I love your laugh." He spoke when she laughed about something he said.

She blushed and looked at him, getting lost in his ocean blue eyes. "I love your eyes." She responded shyly. She didn't know what made her say it but it felt right.

He started to lean in and brushed the hair out of her face. Rick put his hand on her cheek. She smiled and also leaned in.
Their noses touched and their lips were about to touch when..

Kate shot up in bed. Did she really dream this?! It felt so real.
That's when she noticed her phone ringing beside her. So that's what interrupted her dream.

She yawned and took her phone from her nightstand to look at the caller ID. It was Lanie.

"Hello?" Kate answered, her voice still thick with sleep.

"Hey girl. Did I wake you?" She heard her friend saying.

"Yeah, but it's okay. I slept long enough." Kate sat up in her bed and rubbed her eyes, trying to forget about the dream she had just a few seconds ago, before she added. "So what's up?"

"Well.. we didn't really talk yesterday after the concert and I really want to know more about this Rick guy. You seemed to like him."

"Seriously? That's why you're calling me at.." She looked at the clock on her nightstand. "Nine o'clock on a Sunday morning?" She questioned while shaking her head.

"I'm sorry.. I'm just so curious." Kate could hear how Lanie let out a breathy laugh. "So tell me everything. How did you meet and what did you find out about him?"

"Well.. we bumped into each other and he accidentally spilled coffee on my shirt. He was so sorry and so he bought me a new one.-" 

"That's so sweet of him!" Lanie interrupted but soon realized that Kate hasn't finished talking. "Oh sorry. Continue please."

"Thanks. Anyway that's when we started talking. He is 34 and has a 14-year old daughter named Alexis. Eh.. he's a writer and loves Star Wars and playing laser tag with Alexis..." Kate continued to tell her friend everything about the man she was so interested in.

When she finished Lanie chuckled. "Seems like he swept you off your feet."

"That's not true. He's nice but nothing more." Kate explained but deep down she knew that this wasn't true.

"Keep telling yourself that." Lanie stated. "So, did he call you or did he text you?"

"Actually he did." Kate said, remembering the text from the day before. "Yesterday. When I got home. He asked if I want to meet him today. But I'm not sure if I should.. I mean I barely know him." She was really insecure about meeting him again. She didn't want him to get into her messy life.