[EDITED] Chapter ♔ 10: Vulnerable

"Can I assist Nora first?" You asked while fiddling with your fingers. You figured that you might as well get the hardest thing done with. With Nora, it was like killing two birds with one stone.

You father let out a short laugh that turned into a small coughing fit.

"Of course not! You don't have the choice in which you do first. As soon as we reach home you are to have Ayano assist you with preparations for the party. Tell her everything I said so she understands what's going on. And since I can't trust you to go off on your own-" He said gesturing to your slightly bruised cheek and arm "-you are to have another personal assistant accompany you at all times. Unless accompanied by that assistant, you are not authorized to leave the manor. Understand?"

Honestly your father had spoken to fast for you to truly grasp everything, but you weren't going to show or admit that to him.

You opened your mouth to respond but your father spoke first.

"Also have Ayano check your arm there. What could you have been doing to get it to turn purple? Lau said it looked as if he had been burned. Young ladies shouldn't play with fire."

"Why do you care so much?!"

"I'm just worried is all."

"No! That's not good enough! You never speak to me when I see you around the manor, which is rarely, but all of a sudden you care about my life or every little mark on me... You cherish my more loyal sisters which is obvious, but don't go trying to be my 'father' now!"

"But I've always been your dad. Why are you acting this way now? Why are you so angry? We were just talking like normal people mere seconds ago, why this sudden hissy fit?"

"Hissy fits are for children! What I have for you in my heart is pure hatred."

Once again pure silence dominated the large carriage. You hadn't noticed it stopped until now. The only sounds were that of a nearby cricket playing its song.

You could see a head on the other side of the carriage door, through the window. You knew it was someone who was suppose to open the carriage door, but that person didn't want to interrupt the intense moment. They didn't want to get caught in the line of fire.

Your whole arm was beginning to burn again. It was as if a fire started to course through your veins, and now was effecting your whole body.

You felt that at any moment, you would begin sweating buckets if water.

"Can I leave if you won't say anything?" You asked, even though you were already heading for the door.

"You're just like your mother. As stubborn as a mule except you have a sharp tongue. I just do not understand where you get that sharp tongue from, since she handled most situations with ease." Your father said with a chuckle.

"I'll be ready for that party whenever it is..." You mumbled. He hadn't spoken about your mother ever since she died. But you wouldn't let sentimental feelings get to you.

"You look like her. I believe you were to young to remember her exact features, but just look in a mirror. That's you're mom, at least what she looked like."

Already half way out the door, you mumbled a 'good night'.

"She loved you. Dearly." But you were already stumbling off into the cool night air that soothed your hot skin.

You had heard what your father said, but gave no indication that you did. You didn't want to show him you cared.

You would never let him see you so vulnerable.

~

The hallways were... weird. They came out as blurs, and whenever you blinked they would change.

Your footsteps were heavy, and seemed to only weigh you down.

The only thing you remember was Ayano hurriedly going to your aide before you once again succumbed to darkness again.

Twice in one night...

A/N

Edited.

Sorry if you hate me! I swear I didn't forget about this I was just on my main account!

I've gotten my editor on that page back, (she was on vacation) so she will be helping me with my main stories! :)

Hopefully that will make things easier so I can update on here! I was thinking of a co-writer who would be able to write while I was away, but I'd think that ruin the flow of the stories.

Two different writing styles never go well together.

Chapters will most likely be short because I am working on 11 STORIES! (On this and my other account)!

It's hard to balance it all because IRL I have to read three summer books all over 200 pages, and I have to prepare for high school, AND I'm starting tennis Aug.18. (I have no idea how long it is).

Sorry for the rant, but I think my readers deserve to know why I haven't updated.

I HAVE CO-WRITERS! :D