Prologue: Therianthropy explained

Before starting this story I'd like to explain what it's all about. This is not just a werewolf story, where a guy meets a girl and one of them is a werewolf and they can't be together... Blah blah blah. That kind of stories are nice, don't get me wrong.
Now here's the thing there's people out there, people who often get the name "werewolf", but they're not. These people have a strong feeling of an animal inside of them (any animal) and it's like their second personality. You could say it's schizophrenia with the second personality being an animal.
Most things about werewolves aren't total nonsense, these people do shift, just not physical. If I use any kind of shifting in this story I'll explain the kind of shift in the authors note in the end.
I hope this story opens some people's eyes about this thing called therainthropy. I have no idea where I will go with this story, but one thing is for sure, I promised someone to let the world know about therians and I will try the best I can.
If anyone is reading this who knows about therainthropy, please comment or message me because I don't know everything about this subject yet and throughout the process of writing this book I'll need all help possible.
Hope you enjoy whatever my mind will produce.
Xoxo
Ellen

This story is partially based on a true story.