16

It had been almost a week and Pietro still hadn't told Clint about his decision to learn sign language. He wanted to surprise Clint, but he wasn't sure how. He didn't want to just suddenly start answering with his hands, he wanted to do something special, he wanted the time to be right.

It was currently Sunday; Pietro had left this morning for an early shift but had come back around dinner time. Clint had taken the time alone to clean up the apartment a little and to make a phone call.

"Have we been on a proper date yet?"

Pietro blinked, jacket mid-way to the coat rack when Clint dropped the question. After the initial shock, he put his jacket away as he thought for a moment.

"We've had dates." He defended, walking past his boyfriend and into the living room. He ruffled Lucky's ears on the way past before then making a beeline towards the kitchen in search of a snack, having skipped breakfast in his rush to get to the cafe this morning.

"Okay let me rephrase. Sitting in with take-out and watching movies isn't a date. And neither is going shopping together."

Pietro snapped his mouth shut, pulling out a bag of pretzel snack bites from the cupboard. "But a date is just a couple spending time together, is it not?"

Clint heaved a sigh, sinking his hand into the bag to steal some snack pieces himself. Pietro only stared as he chewed, confused.

"I mean like a real date, ya know? Going out somewhere together, actually doing something fun." Clint tried to explain. Pietro pouted.

"Do you not enjoy watching movies at home with me?"

Clint rolled his eyes; he knew Pietro was only saying that to mess with him. He leaned over, kissing his cheek gently. He pulled the Sokovian close, wrapping his arms around his waist. Pietro smiled and carefully fed some pretzels to Clint before then tossing some down to Lucky.

"I just think it's time that we both went out together, on a real date. You deserve to have the real dating experience and that means me taking you out to a nice restaurant or someplace fun that isn't the cafe or a store." 

Pietro, still unconvinced, only nodded. "I suppose if it's something you'd like to do then I'm happy to do it with you."

Clint reached up to cup Pietro's cheeks and the Sokovian set down the bag slowly, sensing the sudden seriousness that had taken over Clint's face. 

"But is it something you want to do?" 

Pietro thought for a second, biting at his lip as he turned his head away. He was still very much getting used to the idea of going outside, of leaving the safety of his apartment. His new home. 

He had left a few times to go shopping with Clint, and outside of that it was trips to work and that was it. His boyfriend didn't leave to much either, probably because he knew Pietro didn't like being left alone, and he realised that Clint was probably bored of not going out to have fun. Pietro couldn't help but wonder how often he and Tony used to go out together. 

"I... I think it'll be nice. To get out of the house, I mean. Just for fun."

Clint smiled, settled by the response. The last thing he ever wanted to do was drag Pietro around and make him uncomfortable. He didn't deserve that. 

"Okay then. Well, in that case, go get changed into something that isn't soaked with soapy dishwater and meet me back in the living room." And with that Clint was off, heading into his bedroom with Lucky close at his heels. Pietro huffed, amused, and went off to his room to find something to wear on his very first date.