𝙥𝙞𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙩

so yeah, tumblr is pretty good to use when your looking for aesthetic inspiration, right?

but in my opinion, pinterest is even better.

ok, so here me out. - I began to use pinterest about... 3 years ago, and when I first got it, I expected it to be nothing but ridiculous DIY's and home renovation ideas, but it's so much more than that.

If you take a look at my pinterest- laniandherstars, you'll begin to see that I have a variety of boards- from aesthetics, to fandoms, to fashion ideas.

my fandoms sorta range in the areas of television shows, YouTube, and various bands. yes, Pinterest does in fact have that stuff. If you wanna drool over picture of Dan Howell or look at my chemical romance memes, then Pinterest can actually be the place for you.

you can post stuff on Pinterest, as well. I'll often take photographs with my phone that I find aesthetic, then after a bit of editing, I'll post them to my desired board. or even if you find a meme you like, you can post those as well.

I find Pinterest to actually be much easier to use than tumblr. tumblr often frustrated me with the repeating feed of people I follow re-blogging the same picture over and over again. but with Pinterest, your feed refreshed quite often, and no matter how far you scroll, you'll never run into old stuff you've already seen. (this, although, can be quite frustrating sometimes when it decided to refresh right as you about to pin something.)

i used to have only one aesthetic board that had just your general aesthetics (grunge, vapor wave, or vintage) but now I have many, all based on either colors, people, my thoughts, feelings, emotions, or dreams.

pinterest is actually the place where I learned that aesthetics can be very categorized. (only if you wish) I followed this one user named honeysweetkiss who has several aesthetic boards all dedicated to different things, wether it be a person, color or hue, or a tv show.

i began to get into this when i found one of her boards dedicated to the aesthetics of Daniel Howell. since I write a lot of fan fiction about him, I could definitely use the inspiration, so I looked into it.

if you know Daniel, then you'll know his aesthetic is very black, japan, doges, computers, coffee, existential and mental quotes. and her board dedicated to him was spot on.

I then found one dedicated to Phil Lester right under it, and the pins matched perfectly with his personality as well. mix-matched socks, cereal and house plants. just like Philip.

now, i tried to look up "dan howell aesthetics" on the search bar of Pinterest, but the only thing that would come up were mood-boards that people made of them, matched with colors or quotes. if you know the person or topic, you have to look up things that relate to them, then add "aesthetic."

see, if I were to start a aesthetic board dedicated to Dan (which I already have) i would search things like "black aesthetic" or "computer aesthetic" or other things that relate to dan. Or if that doesn't help, you can always look up "dan howell aesthetic" then categorize your search result into boards rather than pins, then you can find boards like mine or honeysweetkiss's to find results your satisfied with.

another thing i love go do is colors. When I do colors like pink, I try not to make my pins to blunt, and I try to put a variety of pins into different shades of pink- like peach or blush. I also like colors like beige or yellow.

and I don't just put c . | beige (the c meaning color) I use the color and take the word it most reminds me of. see, beige to me is very comforting, so I call the board c . | pure comfort.

for different colors, be creative. Wether red reminds you of a festive holiday or a cherry bomb love lounge, or orange reminds you of a sunset or a fiery inferno, make up a name that you feel comfortable with!

Pinterest also has a board description feature. usually for my description, I'll put a quote or song lyrics that go along with the theme, and then include a song that people can listen to while then scroll. So combine a creative name, description, and a song, and you've got a whole storyline put into one board.

thats another thing- your aesthetic board can often tell stories. whenever I have an interesting dream, or I go someplace or meet someone that inspires me to create an aesthetic board, I'll follow a certain storyline specifically about that dream/location/person.

I have a board focusing around the color pink, (c . | pretty girl) but it's so much more than that. with pink being the primary color of feminism, the light pastel color represents a pretty girl with a fire inside her. she's been used by so many guys that she's ready to fight back. it shows the raw emotions that females feel towards men, only to be ripped apart when the get rejected or used or go unnoticed.

my beige board c . | pure comfort that I mentioned also has a story behind it. it shows the joys and happiness of living with your superior other and the comforting life you share with them. your partner brings you glee, and the soft beige color shows the great comfort and pride you feel when waking up with them in the mornings.

I've even made an aesthetic board about me (p . | the author) and it focused on my aesthetics, my daily struggles, my emotions, my dreams, my highs and lows and so forth.

but basically, I 101% recommend Pinterest if your interested in finding your aesthetic or sorting out what you think is aesthetic.

↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠