VŒUX

Kenzie is 9 in this chapter I realize that the whole self harm thing is kind of just a little bit wild for a little kid so I'm sorry about that.
___________________
Kenzie and I already finished eating our ice cream by the time we saw Finn walk by. She had explained to me inside that well she's bisexual. The problem was that her mom was homophobic and as I recall Michelle is a "coward" which really made my head spin. We met Finn outside and Kenzie gave him a big hug. He lifted her off her feet and spun her around. Kenzie and Finn had a special bond that you only find if you're lucky. He set her down after kissing the top of her head. Kenzie then grabbed my hand and we walked to his house as we filled him in. While Kenzie was talking about how her mother was violent and neglected her I watched her curly hair blow in the wind admiring how young and yet mature she is. Our arms were swinging and I noticed her eyes follow the birds running around in the street as she avoided eye contact.

Finn sat down on the couch with Kenzie in his lap. He put his chin on her shoulder while kenz twirled his curls. "Ok Kenzie well me and Sadie love you and want you to be happy." He paused and licked his lips while we exchanged glances from across the room. He hesitated and looked up at the ceiling. "I think you should avoid telling your mom." He pulled her closer. "But I want you to stay here with me on the weekends." Kenzie's jaw dropped and she began to protest but then she stopped and closed her eyes leaning back. "I wish you could just adopt me." Finn looked at me and giggled. "Maybe someday me and Sadie will adopt you." Kenzie smiled showing her missing teeth. I blushed and slightly smiled while getting up and straightening my shirt. "I'm gonna go make tea, is that ok?" Finn nodded and laid back on the couch taking Kenzie with him. Finns parents were out shopping and nick was upstairs in his room. As I looked for the tea I overheard Finn explaining how custody works and how we can't really adopt her without going to court. I put a large glass of water in the microwave and sat down at the table. I started to think about me and Finn living together raising Kenzie. I mean he is turning 18 this year. God what was I thinking. How are we even gonna convince her mom to let her stay. I'm sure Finns parents wouldn't have problem with it. One things for sure I don't want Kenzie in that home. I knew for sure Michelle wasn't homophobic considering she's friends with tons of gays. Being afraid of her mom is one thing she struggles with though. The microwave beeped bringing me out of my thoughts. I walked into the room with two cups of tea. Kenzie scrunched her nose at the sight of it. "I really don't understand how you guys drink that hot flavoured water." I gave Finn a devilish look. "I think you know what you have to do" Finn grinned and started tickling Kenzie who immediately burst into a fit of laughter. After that was done Finn ran out of the room to grab blankets. Kenzie yanked my arm and pulled me onto the couch with her. "So when are you two getting married." My eyes widened. "Woahh! We aren't even dating I mean I like him but..." Kenzie looked annoyed. " You mean you kinda love him." She said putting air quotes around the word kinda. Finn came back with one huge blanket and draped it over the three of us. "What are you guys talking about?" Finn said suspiciously. "Nothing. You guys aren't gonna start kissing half way through the movie right." I gasped. "Mackenzie! We would never."
The movie was only half over by the time Kenzie fell asleep. It turns out I'm the only girl in Canada who doesn't love Shrek. "So how about that kiss." Finn said while looking into my soul. Damn that boy really needs to stop making me reach for my inhaler. "We should probably take her home. It's already dark out." I said looking out the window. "I already texted Michelle, she said she could stay over. You should probably call your mom. Kenzie would be sad if she woke up without you." My heart started beating fast as I realized his face was unreasonably close to mine. Next thing I knew his lips were on my neck and I was tightening my grip on the blanket. I quickly got up to grab my phone leaving Finn wanting more. He got up and carried Kenzie up the stairs. Looks like we're sleeping on the couch together.