Chapter 13 Skeeter's Juicy Scoop

Chapter 13

Skeeter's Juicy Scoop

Daughter of Darkness

Everyone remembers the one who called himself, 'The Dark Lord.' He may be gone but his family lives on. After a one-night stand, The Dark Lord, formally known as Tom Riddle, plants his seed into a brunette beauty, Hera Saunders. She brings a son into the world, naming him, Andre Riddle, for his father. Andre grows up to be a tragic hero, willing to fight his own father in a duel, but sadly meets his demise. He had a wife who was so grief-stricken by his murder, she throws herself off a cliff so they can be together again. What very few people know is these two tragic love birds had a daughter, who they named Haylen Riddle. Today she is known to the world as, Melanie Rosen, and she attends Hogwarts School the same year as the infamous Harry Potter.

"I always knew there was something different about her," Pansy Parkinson, her former friend, comments. "She just always seemed to get into trouble and hang around the wrong sort of people. It was like she was constantly crying out for help."

Draco Malfoy reflects, "I remember the first day I met Melanie, she boasted about being a Parseltongue and did not hesitate to show me. Everyone knows that's a rare gift."

Rare indeed. The Dark Lord himself is a known Parseltongue. It makes perfect sense his granddaughter would carry this trait.

"During our second year, she had everyone convinced she was the true heir of Slytherin and opened the chamber. She even threatened to stake her monster on me. Me, a Pureblood!" ~Malfoy

"One night she forced us to play this horrible dare game and threatened us if we didn't cooperate. Her dare almost got Lenora Lane, who was supposedly her best friend, killed!" ~ Parkinson

We now have some insight on what Rosen is like as a student, but what we don't know is what path will she choose for her future. Will she become a tragic hero, like her father, or follow in the dark footsteps of her grandfather?

My eyes froze at that last time. There it was. Everything about my family was out in the open. I could feel people's stares, stabbing against my flesh like sharp icicles. I could not bear anymore. I dashed passed the gazes and mummers and out of the Great Hall. Hermione tried calling after me, but moments later I shot out of ear range.

But where could I go? Soon, the news was likely to reach the Gryffindor common room, if not already. From now on, everywhere I went, I would have to face fearful or hateful eyes.

I thought of one place I could go I knew I would not be bothered. I remembered what Harry told me and went into a certain girls' lavatories. My eyes pointed at the entrance, I hissed out the words, open up, and entered in Chamber of Secrets. I had never actually been in here before. I walked down the corridor aligned by statues of snakes to the very center where a statue of Salazar Slytherin himself remained. I sat down in front of it. This was really where it all began. Our founder, Slytherin, built this chamber to rid the school of those he deemed unworthy. This caused hate, a hatred his descendent, Voldemort used to rise to power.

The door pushed open, as I could have sworn I heard a brief hiss. I twisted my head slight and glanced at Harry, walking towards me.

I sighed, turning my head back towards the statue. "How did you know I'd be in here?"

Harry shrugged, sitting down beside me. "I just thought of places I might go where no one would think to look."

"I guess I forgot you are a Parseltongue too," I muttered.