Chapter 11 Troublesome Friends

Start from the beginning

"Oh my god, enough," Lenora interjected, snatching the badge out of Pansy's hand.

For a moment, I thought she might put it on just to shut both of us up. But instead, Lenora pulled out her wand, and uttered a spell causing the badge to burst to flames. She held her hand out and blew the ashes directly at Pansy's face, causing her to shriek.

Snape strutted over from his desk.

"Professor!" Pansy shrilled in deep huffs, furiously flinging her finger at Lenora. "DID... YOU... SEE..."

Our Potions professor, however, brushed past them, straight to where Harry, Ron, Draco, and Hermione were. Apparently a curse hit both Hermione and Goyle. I started over to see what happened but Snape immediately ordered us to sit down, after giving Harry and Ron detention.

"Professor!" Pansy tried again.

"Not now, Miss Parkinson," Snape barked, moving past her to his desk.

Infuriated she was not the center of attention, Pansy sunk down to her desk, letting out one final high-pitched huff.

I sat down at the nearest desk, hoping Hermione was okay.

"Does that kind of thing happen here a lot?" Brody whispered, sitting next to me, nodding at Lenora and Pansy.

I sighed. "All the time. I've been living their drama since First Year."

"Yeah, they really don't seem to like each other," he remarked.

I nodded in agreement but whispered as Snape stood back up from his desk, "We have to be quiet. I get in trouble a lot in this class."

He grinned, but nodded.

The moment class ended, Lenora briskly strolled over to our desk.

"Hi, Morgan," she said in a sweet voice I don't think I've ever heard her use. "Sorry you had to see that. That Pansy, she always brings out the ugly in me... probably because she's so ugly herself."

He chuckled, standing up. "It's ok. Nice to see you don't let people push you around."

She immediately grabbed his arm, "Anyway, there's something I want to show you. Come with me."

As Lenora pulled him, he started to turn and ask, "What about..."

"Oh, don't worry about her," Lenora whisked off. "She's already seen it."

Before I knew it, they were gone. Without Harry and Hermione here, I thought about approaching Ron. After all, I never got into a fight with him personally. I just hung around Harry more since less people seemed to talk to him. Hermione said Ron was having a hard time dealing with Harry, once again, getting all the fame. After all, he was a middle child, and likely did not get a lot of attention at home. I tried to imagine what it would be like having older and younger siblings, as I received way too much attention from both my parents and aunt and uncle. I think I would have enjoyed having other siblings. It would have made it a lot easier to get away with mischief growing up.

Ron met up with Seamus and a few other boys. I sighed and just picked up my bag to walk alone. However, my solitude only lasted moments.

"Oh Melanie," Lavender called, as her and Parvati gathered on either side of me.

"Er... hi," I said, rather awkwardly, briefly brushing my messy curls. These two usually did not talk to me very much.

"So... we noticed you've been spending quite some time around Morgan Brody," Lavender remarked.