~ 1

Chapter 1 |

Kyela's Pov

I let out a long, exasperated sigh.

"That was nice," I giggled while pushing my hair over to one side. I rolled over onto my back and stared up at the ceiling.

"You may have thrown my back out this time."

"Vince, I think that's every time," I retorted while smacking his arm playfully and sitting up while bringing the sheets with me to cover my body.

After five long years, I finally found someone that really felt deep feelings for me that were real, and Vince was truly amazing. He was kind, gentle, and so sweet to me. We'd only been dating for a couple of months, and I was truly enjoying every minute that I spent with him- unless it involved me handling my business.

After everything, dealing with asshole men, being caught in the schemes of dirty hoes, and having my heart crushed over and over by guys that claimed that they only wanted me, I turned into a stone cold businesswoman. Now, anyone that crossed my path was too scared to look me directly in my eye in fear that I'd have them taken out. Of course, only a select few aren't scared of me: my crew, Simone, Vince (of course!), and my potential business partner, Trina. There weren't many people that were qualified to be in my circle of people, but I made exceptions sometimes.

"Whatever you say, sweetness." Vince was always calling me some cute nickname that made me cringe whenever I heard it because it was so cheesy or what not, but I loved it when he said those nice things.

"I'm going to take a shower," I told him, and he smirked mischievously while I pushed myself out of bed. I scurried into the bathroom quickly and turned on the shower to where the water was almost scalding. I sat on the edge of the tub, running my fingers through my hair while steam filled the bathroom quickly.

While I bathed myself, I felt hands all over my body, running smoothly over my soap covered curves. I laughed to myself before pulling his arms around me and dragging him underneath the water with me. I looked up at him with his brown hair that appeared black whenever it was wet, and he smiled down at me while my finger trailed down the muscles in his arm slowly. His lips brushed against mine, and I leaned up on the tip of my toes to meet him halfway and kiss him, wrapping my arms around his neck with his arms around my waist.

After spending thirty minutes standing underneath the water doing absolutely nothing, we finally got out of the tub, and I had a towel wrapped around my body when the phone rang.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Moving forward with the business plan, we're taking over New York. The Devilles are in the city, and they're looking for trouble." Trina's voice rang in my ear.

"Well, give me a time and place, and I'll be there." I said, sitting on the edge of my bed.

"Crown Lounge at ten on Thursday. Can you make it?" she asked.

"Yeah," I said.

"Okay, I'll talk to you later because I'm sure you're busy," she said sarcastically, and I smirked to myself as Vince walked out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around his waist.

I hung up the phone, and Vince turned to me. "Was that Trina?"

"Yes, and I have business to deal with on Thursday. Do you mind coming with me?" I asked. I stood up and wrapped my arms around his wet torso, and he put his hand on my shoulder.

"Of course, I'll go with you. I wouldn't want you getting hurt," he said, and I smiled. He was always pretty protective over me- even when we were only friends. He wasn't too laid back, but he wasn't too overbearing, so it was a perfect balance, and I loved the authority that he had over me. He didn't let me walk all over him and do whatever I wanted.