I frowned. That hurt.

I just sagged my shoulders as I asked her for a bottle of water instead and she tossed it to me. As I caught it, I didn't realize that it was open so..... I was drenched in water. I could hear people laughing behind me. I ran to the stairs.

Forget about food, I thought to myself, I can't take it anymore!

I could feel a sob coming up as I pushed through the people. As I pushed someone else I gasped as I felt a spark. My wolf immediately became happy and screamed MATE!

I turned around and saw none other than Noah, our Alpha. My mood immediately became angry and frustrated. I was angry with the Moon Goddess. Why did she have to do this? I was rejected by my pack and now my mate will reject me. I sobbed as I ran upstairs. Thank God that he didn't see me. The place was too crowded.

I took my bag and took a last glance at my room before running downstairs and out the back door where fortunately no one was there.

I took a deep breath and tightened my grip on the straps of the bag on my shoulder which contained a few clothes, food and water along with my phone. I turned around and looked at the house. My back was to the forest. I could see Mama Ebony talking to some people. She looked so happy. My face crumpled as I thought about what I was doing to her.

I could also see Evan with his friends. I sobbed once. Then twice. The music suddenly stopped and I could hear someone knocking on the mike. I was in the backyard and everyone was in the front so I could obviously not see the stage set up for today. Mama Ebony and Evan were in the side of the lawn so I could see them. I could hear the voice talking on the mike through the speakers.

Someone was breathing hard on the mike. I frowned in confusion.

"I... I found my mate! She's here!" I heard Noah speaking. Many gasped and clapped.

"But I don't know who she is! I felt her but she... she ran away!" This time, more people gasped.

"Does anyone have any idea who she is? She was running upstairs but no one was there!" I took a few small steps forward to be able to hear more.

"Jessica was running upstairs!" I heard someone say in the background. I jumped as the guy said my name.

"She can't be your mate!" Someone with a nasal voice yelled in the background.

"Where is she?" I heard Noah call out.

"She's not here!" Some guy said after a minute.

"She's probably in her room!" I took a deep breath as Mama Ebony said that. I wanted to cry again.

"Let's check her room!" Some girl said. I should go now. They will be able to see me from my bedroom window.

I ran back into the forest after a last glance. My heart was beating loudly. I hoped that no one heard me.

Third Person View

Mama Ebony's and Evan's faces showed worry as they made their way upstairs with others to Jessie's room. Where could she be? They both thought.

"Where is her room?" Someone said. They don't know her room? Mama Ebony thought.

"I'll show you!" she said as she pushed through the people and guided them to her room. She opened the door and called out Jessica's name. She stepped in as she realized that the room was empty. She scanned the room again. She noticed the box she gave Jessie for her fifteenth birthday and walked towards it. She noticed a note on it that read "To Mama Ebony"

"Is she here?" She heard her son Evan ask but she didn't pay any attention as she opened the box. Inside it, she found a paper with words written by Jessie. She picked it up and noticed the paintings under it. She smiled as she read the paper aloud with habit.

Dear Mama Ebony,

I love you with all of my heart. Thank you for caring for me and being my mother when my real parents were killed in an accident. You and Evan are the best things that ever happened in my life. Thank you for everything. The hugs, kisses, gifts and smiles. I couldn't ask for anything better. I'm really sorry. I'm sorry that I can't be with you any longer. I'm running away. Evan knows why. I couldn't tell you because you would be broken. Not everyone treats me like you do. I don't blame them though. I'm ugly and a freak. I haven't even shifted yet. So I'm leaving. No one other than you and Evan want me here anyway. I don't have any other friends. Please don't blame Evan for not telling you this. I made him promise me so he won't tell you. I've been planning this for some time. Please forgive me, Mama Ebony. I love you.

Your daughter, Jessie.

Mama Ebony saw a smudge of ink where she knew a tear of her lovely daughter Jessie had dried up. She started to sob. Her Jessie was not there anymore. She heard many people gasp. They had been hearing her read Jessie's letter. She took the paintings and looked through them. They were in the drawing book she had gotten Jessie for her fourteenth birthday. She continued sobbing as she felt an arm go around her shoulder.

She knew that it was Evan. She leaned a little on him and saw the paintings and sketches. The first one was a wolf. The most beautiful wolf she had ever seen. It was completely white and was standing with pride. She remembered the time she told Jessie the story of the White Wolf. It was very rare and was a late bloomer. It is one of the strongest and has Royal Blood. It is kind, thoughtful, smart and beautiful but it was also a warrior. A pack is lucky to have a White Wolf.

She turned to the next page to see a lake. Not any lake, it was the lake she took Jessie to for her sixteenth birthday. It was the most beautiful thing Jessie had ever seen. Mama Ebony told her that nothing was more beautiful than Jessie. She remembered the twinkle in her eye as her happiness showed through her face. A tear slipped down her face as she thought of it and a slight smile settled on her lips.

She turned it to see a sketch of Mama Ebony and Evan. Evan had his arm around his mother's shoulder and was grinning while Mama Ebony looked beautiful with her smile. She couldn't stop the sob as it made its way out her mouth. She felt Evan sob too as he hugged her tighter. She remembered this day. Jessie didn't let them move an inch but it thankfully lasted for around five minutes. Jessie had a real talent. And a photographic memory. Mama Ebony let out a light laugh which sounded more like a cough.

She turned the page. She would have fallen if it wasn't for Evan who was still holding her. It was a color painting of Jessie, Evan and herself. The three were laughing about something. She sobbed loudly, not being able to help herself and slid to the ground along with Evan who was hugging her.

The others, along with the Alpha and his mate were giving them looks of pity while the teenagers had guilt written on their faces. Some even had tears in their eyes, along with Noah.

"I hope you are happy now." Evan said, his voice breaking. There were tears streaming down his face. Mama Ebony continued to cry.